Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Saitoh and Fukudome

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Saitoh and Fukudome
I've been having a heck of a time trying to find out how Kazumi Saitoh and Kosuke Fukudome have been doing this year in the Japanese league. Has Saitoh been injured this year?

The discussion I'm hearing is that Fukudome is coming over to the U.S. as a free agent this winter.

Any rumours out there of any big name postings? Saitoh perhaps?

Thanks.
Comments
Re: Saitoh and Fukudome
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 22, 2007 10:24 PM | YBS Fan ]

I have nothing more to say on this matter until October that has not been posted here or here.
Re: Saitoh and Fukudome
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Sep 23, 2007 2:56 AM | SFT Fan ]

Yes, Kazumi Saitoh has indeed been hurt this year. His bum shoulder has been giving him trouble again, and he missed a very good portion of the year. Saitoh is under contract with SoftBank and they don't need money right now. Besides, with the bad shoulder, longer schedule, and less rest between starts, I think Saitoh is not MLB material. He'd break down real easy.

Kosuke Fukudome has said himself that he wants to play in the MLB (he said it right after the 2006 World Baseball Classic), but Fukudome suffered an elbow injury and is in the USA right now undergoing surgery on it, which will definitely hurt his market value. Nevertheless, there will be teams that will pay top dollar for Fukudome like the New York teams.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.