Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

After Sadaharu Oh?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
After Sadaharu Oh?
Can you tell me who was on deck when Mr. Oh hit home run 756 to pass Hank Aaron?

billtol atMark peoplepc d0t com
Comments
Re: After Sadaharu Oh?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 27, 2007 6:47 PM | YBS Fan ]

I've found a "typical" batting order for the 1977 Giants on Lucky's Baseball Records Museum [in Japanese]. But I can say for sure that this was not the batting order for the September 3, 1977 game as Oh was batting in the number three spot from mid-July to the end of September of 1977 [source: "Pro Yakyu 70 Years: Great Records" ISBN 4-583-61309-1].

This doesn't answer the question, but perhaps it gives enough clues to track it down?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.