Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Was Henry Rodriguez signed in Japan?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Was Henry Rodriguez signed in Japan?
Henry Rodriguez, former Expo, Cub, and Yankees outfielder, said to close friend that he just signed new contract in Japan. Somebody know about that? What team, how many dollars, etc.?
Comments
Re: Was Henry Rodriguez signed in Japan?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 31, 2004 8:42 AM | YBS Fan ]

Well, if he "just signed" with a team, then he won't be in my database yet. This week's Shukan Baseball has a list of the 62 foreign players in Japan this year, but the table states that it's through May 15. I looked through the lists and didn't find a Rodriguez.

A quick Google in Japanese only turns up a couple of MLB related hits for him.

Otherwise, I haven't seen anything in Nikkan Sports (the Japanese sports daily I subscribe to) about such a transaction. But then, I don't really pay much attention to transactions, so that doesn't mean there hasn't been anything.

Sorry, but it appears that this friend knows more about the situation than I do.
Re: Was Henry Rodriguez signed in Japan?
[ Author: Guest: Derek | Posted: Aug 26, 2004 1:33 AM ]

Henry Rodriguez is playing for the Nashua (New Hampshire) Pride of the Independent Atlantic League where in 37 games he's batting .308 with 11 HR's and 28 RBI
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.