Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Advice Needed: Buying Tickets to Japan Series in Nagoya

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Advice Needed: Buying Tickets to Japan Series in Nagoya
Hi. I am from New York City, and am a huge baseball fan. I have been following the NPB playoffs, and they have been very exciting.

I am currently in Kyoto, and am planning on going to Nagoya next week so I can try to buy a ticket to either Game 3, 4, or 5 (if it happens). I'm sure the games are sold out; but can someone give me advice on how to buy a ticket?

Should I just find a scalper before the game starts? Or do the "discount stores" in Nagoya sell scalped tickets?

I recognize that a nosebleed seat will probably cost at least 10,000 yen, but I figure it's a once in a lifetime opportunity, so (fortunately) money is not really an issue.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!

P.S. Let's go Rockies; I want to see Kaz Matsui win World Series MVP!
Comments
Re: Advice Needed: Buying Tickets to Japan Series in Nagoya
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 24, 2007 6:41 PM | YBS Fan ]

Well, you can try Yahoo! Auctions [in Japanese]. Arranging a pick up address in time may be the most difficult part of any auction win, though.

Plain cloths police will probably be hanging out around Nagoya Dome looking to snag scalpers. I strongly recommend avoiding that route if at all possible.

The "discount" shops will probably have tickets at a good mark up around the Nagoya area. I can't tell you what difference there would be between them and Yahoo! Auctions, though.

You may want to be wary of getting a Game 5 ticket unless you're really sure there will be a Game 5. While you can get reimbursed for the the ticket if the game is not played, it will be only for the price printed on the ticket, not for any markup you may have paid a third party. I think that Deanna may be able to tell you more about that with her Climax Series debacle.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Oct 24, 2007 10:30 PM | NIP Fan ]

Well, actually, if you can get to a Lawson or Pia or other ticket seller, the tickets actually go on sale on 10/25 - tomorrow, Thursday - at 10am. They'll probably all be gone about an hour later if that, though, so beware. (I'm debating trying to get tickets to games 6 and 7 in Hokkaido since I have a long weekend, and going up there ... we'll see. (I know if I buy tickets the games won't happen.)

And yeah, you can get reimbursed if the game doesn't happen, but you have to take the ticket back to the actual place it came from. I bought my CLCS2 games 4-5 tickets from Lawson and just took them back to the same place and they gave back the money, although it took them a good while to figure out the system, probably about half an hour. If you buy from a scalper, though, you won't necessarily know exactly where to go back to, obviously.

My best guess is, if you see this by 10am Thursday, try to get to a ticket seller as soon as possible. If not, yeah, Yahoo! Auctions.

And if not, you could just go to the Jumbotron outside Nagoya station during the games - I'm sure there will be ninety bazillion Dragons fans there watching the game with.
[ Author: Guest: Jesse B-H | Posted: Oct 26, 2007 8:52 PM ]

Thank you both very much for your advice! I really appreciate it!
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 26, 2007 9:32 PM | YBS Fan ]

Did you try Deanna's advice? And if so, was it similar to what she went through?
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Oct 26, 2007 11:19 PM | NIP Fan ]

I am really, really, really sorry about that if it was misleading. I really honestly thought that since the websites said "you can buy tickets from us" that meant you could, actually, you know, buy tickets from them.

I'm never ever ever going to manage to attend a post season game here, I swear.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.