Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Status of Seung Yeop Lee

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Status of Seung Yeop Lee
I was curious to know if anyone could tell me the status of Korean slugger Seung Yeop Lee. There doesn't seem to be anything on him on his player page, but I did find this article [Donga.com] indicating he'd been demoted to Chiba Lotte's minor league team. I don't speak or read Japanese, so maybe somebody who does know this can help out.
Comments
Re: Status of Seung Yeop Lee
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 5, 2004 11:43 PM | YBS Fan ]

It was reported on this thread when he was dropped and why.

Lee was brought back up to ichi-gun (the top team) on Friday for the first time in 25 days. He went 1 for 2, was hit by a pitch in the second inning and came around to score, and walked in the seventh inning. His base hit in the third inning drove in a run.

Lotte is now riding a three game winning streak, lossless for the month of June (after a 6 and 16 [1 tie] May).
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.