Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Info on John Bale (LP) Hiroshima Toyo Carp?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Info on John Bale (LP) Hiroshima Toyo Carp?
Hi I was wondering if there's been any news on John Bale? He is my cousin and my grandmother and I find is hard to locate news about his games and things to that caliber. He recently told us he won Player of the Month and recieved 200 eggs and rice. But we were wondering if it's possible to find news on his games?

Any help would be appreciated!
Comments
Re: Info on John Bale (LP) Hiroshima Toyo Carp?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 20, 2004 11:23 AM | YBS Fan ]

A very good place to start is Borisov-san's site where he has daily box scores in English. He also gathers what the English press is saying about Pro Yakyu, and they do tend to have a focus on foreign players.

As for the Monthly MVP, he hadn't won it for either April nor May. And the prize of 200 eggs and rice sounds more like a Player of the Game at one of the third-party stadiums out in the country that the teams play at. The Player of the Game will often get the local produce to remember them by.

It seems to me that Warren Cromaries book, "Slugging it Out in Japan," has an episode about playing in the countryside that you (all of you) might find interesting.
[ Author: Guest: CardiffCarp | Posted: Jun 21, 2004 6:25 PM ]

Hi Casey!

Your cousin is doing well at the moment. ERA of 2.44 with 4 wins and 2 losses in nine games. His ERA is currently best in the Central League and second best in Japan. He would have more wins, unfortunately the Carp have weak relieving pitchers and a manager who leaves openning pitchers in too long before changing them.

The only stats I can find on him are in Japanese, at this link (Yahoo Sports): [Link] Look for his name in Japanese: ベイル. After his name comes his team, then the columns of figures are ERA, Complete games, Shut-outs, Games without walking a player, wins, losses, Saves, Save points, Winning percentage.

Hope this helps.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 21, 2004 8:54 PM | YBS Fan ]

- The only stats I can find on him are in Japanese, at this link (Yahoo Sports)

Then you haven't explored this site much, yet. Click on "Teams" at the top of the page, then on "Stats" next to Hiroshima. They're all there in English for anyone who's made a single appearance or more in any ichi-gun level game. Stats are updated nightly at around 2:30 in the morning, JST.

Hope this helps.
[ Author: Guest: Gary Garland | Posted: Jun 22, 2004 1:52 PM ]

You can also find info and complete daily game and team reports in English at JapanBaseballDaily.com.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.