Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japan Series?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Japan Series?
Is there a Japanese series like in American Baseball?
Comments
Re: Japan Series?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 9, 2004 10:02 AM | YBS Fan ]

You haven't yet learned how to properly use a search engine, have you?

The first thing I would have tried is this Google search, then refined it to this Google search to check out other possible names it may fall under. These two only cover this site. Google "the web" with some other key words you find there and you should get even more information on the subject. (If you don't add some other key words, there will be too many results to deal with.) When doing research, always try to get facts backed up in numerous places, especially on the Internet where mis-information abouds. (Unfortunately, most of that mis-information about Japanese baseball comes from "respectible" mainstream media in North America.)

The short answer is, yes, there is a championship series between the Central and Pacific leagues.

Note: Some of those pages will show you that the Nippon Series is in danger as there are talks of eliminating the two league system as early as next season. This is a very hot topic right now in Japan, even being talked about in Parlament (like Congress).
[ Author: Guest: Luis Raul Villamizar | Posted: Aug 14, 2004 10:50 PM ]

I would greatly appreciate you to informing me about the new playoff format in Pacific League. I know that three teams qualify, but is there a round robbin?

Please, excuse me if I missed that information in previous articles.

Thanks,

Luis Raul Villamizar
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 14, 2004 11:30 PM | YBS Fan ]

Please see this thread.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.