Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japanese BB jerseys

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Japanese BB jerseys
Hi. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase Japanese baseball jerseys? I'm having trouble finding a size XXL (US 50-52) jersey and an English speaking site. I have no problem buying from a Japanese site, but I obviously don't speak the language and I don't know the currency conversion.

I'd appreciate any help! Thanks!
Comments
Re: Japanese BB jerseys
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Dec 31, 2007 10:18 AM | SFT Fan ]

The thing to remember is, if you do decide to go the Japanese site route, it's highly unlikely any site will ship outside of Japan. The shops on the team websites, for example, don't ship outside of Japan, neither do the Yahoo! Japan Auctions, if I remember right.

The conversion rate is 1 USD= 112.152 Yen. You can find out the conversion rate here [xe.com].
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Dec 31, 2007 10:38 AM | HAN Fan ]

Any of the Japanese team sites will have the shirts you want in different varieties. For currency conversions use XE.com which will give you up to date currency rates.
[ Author: mijow | Posted: Jan 1, 2008 1:12 AM | HT Fan ]

- I'm having trouble finding a size XXL (US 50-52) jersey...

You're not the only one. The biggest replicas come in L or XL, and only a couple of teams carry authentics in XXL - and only during the regular season. So it's next to impossible to find what you're looking for at the moment. Perhaps Christopher can point us to a URL or two?
Re: Japanese BB Jerseys
[ Author: ManInJapan | Posted: Jan 4, 2008 12:36 AM ]

I tend to find that when I go to the official shops on game days - they often tend to sell out of all the stuff pretty quickly; however, if you go on non-game days, it's fairly easy to get what you want, if you ask nicely.
[ Author: Guest: dereckb | Posted: Jan 6, 2008 7:00 AM ]

You could find something at The YakyuShop.
Re: Japanese BB Jerseys
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 18, 2008 12:46 AM ]

One of my favorite baseball-wear shops is Ebbets Field Flannels (located in Seattle), whose website is: www.ebbets.com. Though they do not carry official NPB wear, they do have replica jerseys, caps and jackets for several old NPB teams (e.g. 1936 Kyojin, 1930s Osaka Tigers), and I have seen XL, XXL and larger sizes in their store. They can also produce shirts and jackets to order, from old photos (and do a magnificent job).

[Editor's Note: Ebbets Field Flannels has been discussed before. While they are serving a need that isn't being met by official channels, they are (1) not selling licensed NPB goods and (2) obsfucating trademarks like using the mirror image of Hanshin's famous tiger logo. There was objection to their use of the word "authentic" in the past as well.]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.