Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Ditch the Gun?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Ditch the Gun?
Does anyone have any idea when Yokohama will stop their sad effort to revive their vaunted "Machine Gun Offense"?
Comments
Re: Ditch the Gun?
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Jun 13, 2008 11:29 AM | NIP Fan ]

Probably around the same time you write a post that has more than a one-line question in it.

(BTW, I don't get the impression they are doing that. Please go read the other recent topic on the BayStars -- which you started, after all -- and feel free to give us your insights on the lineup and pitching.)
[ Author: Brad BT | Posted: Jun 13, 2008 11:38 PM | SEI Fan ]

Ha, ha, ha. That is true. But I always ask things brief and to the point. What I do know is that their pitching is as bad as the Yankees' bulpen minus Joba, and last year's Mets' bullpen. And their hitting reminds me of the late Montreal Expos. And didn't they move to Washington?
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Jun 14, 2008 3:29 PM | NIP Fan ]

The whose bullpen? And the late who? Those must be Shikoku Island League teams, right?
[ Author: Brad BT | Posted: Jun 27, 2008 6:46 AM | SEI Fan ]

No, they are MLB teams. Montreal came into the MLB in the mid '60s and the Mets' epic collapse from first in their division to being out of the playoffs (even with the wild card system over here) was led by their inept pitching and hitting. Although both teams are not nearly as bad as the Detroit Tigers' 120+ loss season a few years ago.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Jun 13, 2008 12:32 PM | HT Fan ]

Umm, when someone pries it out of their cold, dead hands?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
[ Author: Brad BT | Posted: Jun 13, 2008 11:44 PM | SEI Fan ]

He, he. Good anology. Maybe some "D**n, dirty apes" will help git rid of this.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.