Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Koko Yakyu Tickets?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Koko Yakyu Tickets?
Does anyone know about ticket information for the high school baseball tournament? I heard the gaia tickets are free, but wasn't sure about prices for other sections. Also, once it gets to the Best 8, do the games sell out or is it possible to just walk up and get tickets?

Thanks for any info.
Comments
Re: Koko Yakyu Tickets?
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Aug 14, 2008 3:42 PM ]

With the Obon holidays right now, Koshien already seems to be packed out in the round of 16 games these last few days. As the action heats up, leading up to the final on the 17th, they'll probably be continuous sell outs. Though, I think you may be able to secure a seat if you go to the first game of the day, early.
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Aug 15, 2008 1:45 AM ]

Yeah, on TV it does look packed out already. Do you know if all seats are reserved (as with a Tigers game) or if there are general admission sections?

With Osaka and Hyogo teams making it through to the Best 8, even more reasons for the fans to flock to Koshien this year.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Aug 17, 2008 12:57 AM | YOK Fan ]

All seats are open seats.
  • Back-net (behind the plate) seats cost about 1,500 or 1,600 yen
  • The Alps seats cost 500 yen
  • And the outfield is free
Walkup only, too.

My advice to you would be to get there as early as possible and choose wisely which game you will go see. I was just there on Friday and it was a blast as always.
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Aug 17, 2008 2:35 PM ]

Is the final tomorrow (August 18) or do they get a day off?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.