Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Kawakami and Rafael Cruz

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Kawakami and Rafael Cruz
I am with the Atlanta Braves PR department and am looking for more bio/background information on Kenshin Kawakami and Rafael Cruz for our upcoming media guide. I saw the stats on Kawakami's page and what little you had on Cruz, but I was wondering if there is a place to find more?

Thanks!
Adam
Comments
Re: Kawakami and Rafael Cruz
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jan 15, 2009 10:50 AM | SFT Fan ]

This short Kawakami bio [Baseball-Reference] should help you with more information on Kawakami.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 16, 2009 2:40 PM ]

Did the Atlanta Braves sign Rafael Cruz?

I could find any information about this transaction.

Thanks,
Scott
[ Author: firearmofmutiny | Posted: Jan 24, 2009 5:18 AM | CD Fan ]

Cruz is a non-roster invitee to Braves Spring Training this year, according to the official Braves web site.

To answer Adam's question, Cruz pitched in 17 games with a 2.66 ERA with the Dragons in 2007, but did not make the top club in 2008, and eventually got released due to an injury.

I'll never forget Cruz's debut with the Dragons; it was basically a throwaway game as the Tigers took a big lead on the Dragons, but Cruz came in, threw 154 kph (95-96 mph) heat, and pitched two shutout innings. The Dragons didn't win that particular game, but they did make a bit of a comeback thanks to Cruz's pitching.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.