Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Murata's Return?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Murata's Return?
Does anyone know when Murata for Yokohama will be returning? Yokohama needs him desperately.

Thanks in advance.
Comments
Re: Murata's Return?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 10, 2009 12:41 AM | YBS Fan ]

Word after the injury was that it would take 6-8 weeks to heal. 4-6 at a minimum.

On the bright side, the BayStars got their first timely hit of the season against the Giants tonight - in only their 6th game of the season. And Yoshimura hit his first home run of the season as well. Things are looking bright in the heavens! (Oh, but please, don't pay attention to the runs and/or home runs given up column. Ippatsu-byo on the pitching side is still a major problem.)
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Apr 10, 2009 9:30 AM | YOK Fan ]

Actually Westbay, Nishi had a timely hit in the first game of the season against Chunichi on a weak groundball that never left the infield.

But hey, at least the Shonan Searex are leading the Eastern League, so everything is ok in my book. Futures Game at BayStars Kyujyo on Sunday anyone? I'll be there.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 10, 2009 11:05 AM | YBS Fan ]

- [...] Nishi had a timely hit in the first game of the season [...].

While that was an RBI, it wasn't a timely hit. It was a timely (indifferent) ground out. That's the distinction that the TV announcers and today's Nikkan Sports is making in announcing that it's their first of the season.

It's looking to be about time to write a Star chart for the opening first week.

I'll try to make it on Sunday, but family comes first on the weekend.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.