Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Success in Contacting Players?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Success in Contacting Players?
Hello Commish, I have read the FAQ section and was wondering how successful you or others have been contacting players through the team? Do they pass along mail to players from the States? I have been friends with Alex since he was in Class A ball with the Orioles, but unfortunately haven't talked with him since his move to Japan.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to catch up and see how he is doing.

Thanks!

Scott
Comments
Re: Success in Contacting Players?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jan 8, 2005 12:33 PM | YBS Fan ]

I've heard back from a number of people who have had mixed results. Some autograph seakers have successfully gotten Oh's and other autographs by including self addressed envelopes with some U.S. currency for return postage to the Hawks (I need to update their contact information since the team has changed hands), but one person looking for an interview with one of the BayStars' foreign players never got a reply.

One thing you need to consider is timing. It wouldn't surprise me if teams held on to letters until players report to Spring training next month. If there's a lot of important looking mail, they might forward it, but I wouldn't count on it.

Still, the only way to know for sure is to try. I've confimed that the ball club office address for the Dragons is current. An international post card isn't too costly to experiment with.

Ball players: How many of you have e-mail addresses in Japan? I can setup a web page for fans to send mail through so that you don't have to reveal your e-mail address to the world (SPAM prevention) but can still hear directly from your fans. Does this sound like a service you'd be interested in? If I get any takers (please post below - the e-mail address will be removed from your post unless you specify otherwise), I'll setup such a service.

Ochoa-san, are you there?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.