Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Time Frame for Players Info?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Time Frame for Players Info?
Is there a time frame to re-establish the player section?
Comments
Re: Time Frame for Players Info?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 26, 2010 8:53 AM | YBS Fan ]

I fear that I won't get around to it until after the season starts. Too much other work I need to do first.

But as others have pointed out, NPB BIS now has an English section that has the team rosters, schedules, stats, etc.

If it's historical players that you're looking for, Japan Baseball Daily's Data Warehouse is much more complete than my own database with regards to pre-1996 players.

With official current rosters available in English and historical information so complete, I'm afraid that my efforts have been overtaken and are less relevant. This allows me to concentrate on other work knowing that the English speaking Pro Yakyu fan base is still well taken care of.

If you're looking for some particular information that isn't available in those other places, please describe it and and your purpose and I'll see what I can do. (That reminds me, I still need to compile the "complete" (of what I have) list of players by nationality.)

I know this isn't exactly an answer, but I hope it helps you find what you're looking for.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.