Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Hanshin Tigers Games on sky-A Television?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Hanshin Tigers Games on sky-A Television?
The Giants are on free TV (and G+), the Hawks are on Sports-I/ESPN, and the Swallows are on Fuji TV.

The Dragons, Carp, BayStars, Fighters, Marines, and Lions can be seen on J-Sports 1, 2, and 3.

The Buffaloes and Eagles can be found on both sky-A and J-Sports, but what about the Tigers? I recall a ton of their home games being on sky-A last season, but haven't seen them on at all this year. Am I tuning in at the wrong times, or did they change their TV contract?

Thanks.

Jonathan
Comments
Re: Hanshin Tigers Games on sky-A Television?
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Apr 26, 2005 2:28 PM | HAN Fan ]

Tigers games are shown on Sun Television in Osaka (all of them so I understand). The NHK BS service also shows games.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Apr 26, 2005 10:28 PM | HT Fan ]

I think they're on Sky-A most (but not all) nights. I watched tonight's game on that very channel. I seem to recall that some games are shown on Gaora, tho'.
[ Author: JRHANNON | Posted: Apr 27, 2005 9:07 AM | HT Fan ]

I watched it, too. Should have waited one day before posting the message! Thanks.

Jonathan
[ Author: Guest: Tigers Baka | Posted: Apr 26, 2005 11:08 PM ]

If it's a non-Giants game at home, the game will be on either Gaora (ch.302) or Sky A (ch.285), away games will be shown on J Sports, ESPN, Fuji Sports, or G+ depending on the home team's provider.

All Tigers games will be on Sky Perfect this year, on one channel or another, just subscribe to the "baseball set" and you're away! That's why I can't live without it!
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Apr 28, 2005 2:31 AM | HT Fan ]

- That's why I can't live without it!

Good call. I first subscribed to cable TV back in late-summer 2003 because I wanted to watch the Rugby World Cup. My plan was to quit as soon as it was over, but having discovered that I could watch our beloved Tigers uninterrupted, all thoughts of de-subscribing vanished.
[ Author: Guest: Ayya | Posted: Apr 28, 2005 4:48 PM ]

So can I watch the Tigers live if I subscribe to cable TV? Or is any specific subscription is needed?
[ Author: Guest: Tigers Baka | Posted: Apr 29, 2005 1:39 AM ]

It's great, huh Torakichi? Until you see them implode like tonight! That was absolutely disgraceful!

Let's hope for a sweep of the Swallows!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.