Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Mac Back With Royals

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Mac Back With Royals
From the "where are they now?" department, Ken-san sent in that "Mac is Back," a short article on "Mac" Suzuki's return to Kansas City.
Comments
Re: Mac Back With Royals
[ Author: kenny | Posted: Mar 10, 2002 10:43 AM ]

Mac Suzuki was sent down to the minor league camp today. I guess he failed to impress the coaching staff of the Royals.

In another transaction, the Astros sent down former Yakult Swallow Jason Jacome to their minor league camp. There was an article in the Japan Times a few weeks ago by Wayne Gracyzk that talked about how much Jacome wanted to return to Japan to play. I think he could help a Japanese team, but I guess the interest just isn't there.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 30, 2002 11:04 AM ]

After getting promoted to the Royals in May, Suzuki went out and stunk up the joint. He was 0-2 with an ERA over 9.00. Not surprisingly, he was designated for assignment today. My guess is that the Royals will end up just releasing him since they've already given him so many chances and he hasn't come around like they had hoped so sending him to Omaha (the AAA team) would be pointless.

Luckily for Mac, there is such a lack of good pitching in MLB that he'll have no trouble hooking up with another team.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jul 6, 2002 12:01 PM ]

Well, I was wrong. Mac cleared waivers and was sent down to Omaha. I don't know how many more chance the Royals will give him, but I can guarantee you that they're at the end of the rope as far as patience goes.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.