Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japan vs USA Series

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Japan vs USA Series
Anyone know if those games will be shown on American TV?
Comments
How to get Pro Yakyu in Your Area
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 1, 2002 3:53 PM | YBS Fan ]

The infrequent times Pro Yakyu is broadcast in North America, someone usually announces it to the group here. We've got a nice, helpful community here.

The question I'd like to ask this readership is, how many of you have asked ESPN, FOX, YES, etc. to broadcast Pro Yakyu games like the Nippon Series, All Star Series, and the coming Nichi-Bei Series?

As I stated here and a number of other times, the only way to get the networks to consider programming Pro Yakyu in your country is to let them know that their customers want to watch it. If any of you have an advertising budget that you control, offer sponsorship of Pro Yakyu games. Maybe you can get a good deal at the time slot of the Lumbermans' or Cheerleading Championships reruns.

If you live in North America, you need to let the North American media know that this is something you want to see.

ESPN writers (I know you come around here for some of your research), do you have any contacts with programming personnel? If so, let them know that this is getting to be a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question). A lot of people want to see Pro Yakyu in North America - especially the exhibition games like All Star Series, Nippon Series, and the Nichi-Bei Series. Please let them know!
Re: How to get Pro Yakyu in Your Area
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Nov 1, 2002 6:34 PM | HT Fan ]

> Cheerleading Championships reruns.

Now, now, westbaystars-san, you never know, there might be a huge market of closet professional cheeleading fans out there.

That reminds me of an incident from a few years back. Once upon a time, my father was sports editor of a major national daily newspaper. He once received a call from an irate woman, who demanded to know why his newspaper recently insulted a considerable number of people by not covering the World Underwater Polo Championships held in the Netherlands!
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 1, 2002 6:59 PM | YBS Fan ]

Since I come from a small farming town, I wasn't about to suggest replacing the tractor pulls.
[ Author: Guest: Bob | Posted: Nov 6, 2002 7:00 AM ]

So, nobody answers about the TV schedule...

That was the question, right?
No air, fine. get over it.
[ Author: WhiteElephant | Posted: Nov 6, 2002 4:08 PM ]

Look at the www.mlb.com web site. It will allow FREE downloading. You can also check the individual team websites. Where I am, the San Francisco Giants and the Oakland Athletics have a link to download the series for FREE!!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.