Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Mac Suzuki

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Mac Suzuki
It's hard to believe, but the Kansas City Royals have signed Mac Suzuki to a contract for next season. This is the same team that develped him and turned him into a decent starter only to give up on him after a few bad outings and trade him last season to the Rockies. I guess those people who made that commercial with him in a blue uniform with K on his cap won't have to redo that commercial after all. I hope he does well since it looked like he was on his way out of the major leagues after his performance last season.
Comments
Pain Killer
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 29, 2001 9:27 PM | YBS Fan ]

I was under the same impression, that Mac was on his way out. I guess the Bantarin, the pain killing rub that he did a commercial for, really helped.
Re: Pain Killer
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Nov 30, 2001 12:37 AM ]

That's a good one! LOL!
It's an incentive-laden minor league contract that Suzuki signed, but if you look at the Royals' pitching staff I'd say that he's a shoo-in to make the major league roster.
[ Author: kenny | Posted: Dec 17, 2001 3:32 PM ]

Speaking of the Royals' pitching staff, it looks like the Royals will sign former Hanshin and Yomiuri left-hander Darrell May in the next few days. May is still young (29), so he may have a long career in the Major Leagues after all. The Royals need all the pitching help they can find, so they may have found a gem in Darrell May,
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 18, 2001 9:56 PM ]

Since Royals manager Tony Muser played with ex-Hanshin manager Nomura with the Seibu Lions in the late '70s, it'll be interesting to see if he and Darrell May will swap Nomura horror stories in Kansas City.
Re: Mac Suzuki
[ Author: Cub Fan | Posted: Dec 19, 2001 8:27 AM ]

The Kansas City Royals traded Suzuki to the Milwaukee Brewers, who traded him to the Colorado Rockies, who then cut him. I think this is how it went with Suzuki. Good luck to him. And one of his new team mates is Chuck Knoblauch.
Re: Mac Suzuki
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 19, 2001 8:38 PM ]

I have to correct you about Suzuki's travails last season. He was traded by the Royals along with backup catcher Sal Fasano for catcher Brent Mayne. A short time later Suzuki was released by the Rockies and picked up by the Brewers, who ended up releasing him after the season ended.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.