Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Minors?

Discussion in the CPBL News forum
Minors?
Is the CPBL considered the "minor leagues" for the Japanese leagues? And are the Lions here (in Taiwan), the farm team for the Seibu Lions?

I can't find anything that follows the Japan minor league teams.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

KL
Comments
Re: Minors?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 11, 2007 12:00 PM ]

Tell me you are joking with everyone on this type of question.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 24, 2007 4:10 AM ]

Sorry that the question sounded ignorant. The question should have been, "Is there an Internet site that reports on the Japanese minor league teams?"

Thanks for the response. K
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 24, 2007 9:08 AM | YBS Fan ]

Well, that's a completely different question.

Unfortunately, the only site that I know of is NPB's official site, which is only in Japanese. The main starting points you'll want are:The information available is very minimal. And the daily newspapers have even less.

Each of the official sites (also in Japanese only) put up articles about the farm team on occasion.

Perhaps this isn't the answer you were looking for, but that's all there is that I'm aware of.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 30, 2007 5:17 AM ]

Thank you. This helps.

KL
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Aug 13, 2007 1:28 AM | HAN Fan ]

The Chinese Professional Baseball League (CPBL) is a separate and independent league in Taiwan (Rebublic of China).

Japan's Central and Pacific Leagues have two minor leagues. Each major (ichi-gun) team has a corresponding minor (ni-gun) team in either the Eastern or Western Leagues.

Nippon Professional Baseball (NPB) is further augmented by the semi-professional Industrial leagues.

Two independent leagues have recently cropped up: Shikoku Island League and Hokushinetsu Baseball Challenge League.

The Korean Baseball Organization (KBO) is an independent league that started in 1982. Each major team has a minor team in Korea.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.