Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2 gripes

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2 gripes
Since there's one for Pawapuro I guess there should be one for this game.

So far I love this game because its way more challenging than last years version. BUT I have some complaining to do about this game.

First, there is way too much doubles in this game. The ballparks are much bigger,which is good, but every line drive single turns into a double for me. I know I could fix this problem manually but Its just something that bothers me.

Second, the CPU batters do not foul balls off. Its either a ball, strikeout, or a double. I want to see more batters have good at bats when I'm pitching.

Third, I don't see the use for the Pull/Slap setup. I only use the x button for everything and I hit balls away and I pull so what's the point of it.

I came across a glitch when Isobe hit a double to right field and score a inside the park homerun when the ball went right through the wall and into the ground so I couldn't get it. Fortunately, that was the only glitch.

other than those factors, everything is great.
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2 gripes
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Aug 31, 2005 2:18 AM | CLM Fan ]

I use the different buttons when I want to advance a runner or want a better chance to get on base with guys like Akahoshi.

If you're not getting foul balls and are giving up doubles, it sounds like you really need to start pitching further out of the strike zone.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.