Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro yakyu vs MLB 2006

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Pro yakyu vs MLB 2006
Im thinking about getting Pro yakyu so Does pro yakyu have more depth and is it more realistic then MLB 2006?Like A franchise mode were you can sign free agents,trade player's,draft player's,set ticket price's,Edit players,Ect.
Comments
Re: Pro yakyu vs MLB 2006
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Sep 3, 2005 8:04 AM ]

Anything is more realistic than MLB 2006. I don't own it, but the series has gotten more and more generic ever since 2004. I haven't play it since 05 when I couldn't stand it no more(and stop playing baseball games all together except old school ones).
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 3, 2005 10:29 AM ]

John ,you should check mlb2006 out its really addicting with the franchise mode and gameplay its not even the same game as 2004 and 2005.they even have all the japanese pitchers pitch form even Akinori otsuka's and somtimes when otsuka strike's out a batter matt vasgersian the annoucer says "Yoshaa" pretty kool.
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Sep 4, 2005 4:45 AM ]

Well, I've played MLB 2006 and Pro Yakyuu spirits and I say Pro Yakyuu plays more like a video game than a simulation like MLB 2006. I'm not saying that Pro Yakyuu is arcadey, far from it, but you can spend hours playing it and have fun unlike some MLB games.

MLB 2006 is probably the best MLB game out out of the three out now. I like the pitching interface and how pitches move around the box, same like Pro Yakyuu. I HATE the batting in MLB 2006 though. Its very hard to get contact on the ball on high difficulty levels. The career mode really need some adjustments, It gets really boring after a few turns like all MLB games. The franchise mode it better than the rest of the group, best mode in the game. Pro Yakyuu just have more substance and life to it, but it really determine on the person. If you don't know anything about Japanese baseball and don't care to take your time to learn the symbols for stats and players you are going to hate Pro Yakyuu Spirits. But if your determine to learn and do research than pro Yakyuu spirits will show you how lacking some MLB games are.

Pro Yakyuu really concentrate solely on baseball, meaning you are going to HAVE to think about what pitches you are throwing and when to waste some or not. If you get lazy and tired and just throw any pitches your ARE going to lose the game quick. Also, stats really play a difference in the game. For example, if you put a shortstop with a rating of D for fielding in the game your will definitely see how less range he has against a shortstop with a B rating. Balls that you should be getting will pass by a D rating fielder.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.