Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pawapuro Difficulty Settings

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Pawapuro Difficulty Settings
I'm relatively new to the Pawapuro series.

I began my Pennant with the following CPU difficulty settings:

Running: HARD
Fielding: HARD
Batting: HARD
Pitching: NORMAL

I've played 30-40 games, and my offensive stats are unrealistically high. To counter this, I believe that the CPU A.I. has weakened my pitching a bit. My pitching stats are unrealistically low. Because of this, balance has been maintained and most of my games continue to be fun and competitive. Although I did win one game 21-3 recently...

So I decided to play a few exhibition games with the CPU difficulty set higher. These are the settings I used:

Running: POWERFUL
Fielding: POWERFUL
Batting: HARD
Pitching: HARD

I bumped up CPU Running and Fielding because stealing bases against the CPU and catching CPU runners stealing was just too easy on HARD difficulty.

I left CPU Batting alone because HARD still feels right.

I turned CPU pitching up because of my ridiculously high offensive stats. My batting skills must have improved because I'm hitting HARD CPU pitching much better than I used to. My hit, HR, and strike out totals are all more realistic with the CPU pitching set to HARD.

To be clear though, when I first started playing Pawapuro I found HARD CPU pitching a little too difficult to hit. Now I don't. I must have turned a corner. Hooray!

Please share your thoughts on Pawapuro difficulty settings here.
Comments
Re: Pawapuro Difficulty Settings
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Sep 16, 2005 6:32 AM | CLM Fan ]

I use this...

Running: Powerful
Defense: Powerful
Batting: Hard
Pitching: Hard

I chose Powerful for running, because Satozaki has B arm strength and throws out runners best in the Pacific League. #2 is Noda, who also has B arm strength. This setting also makes me think about fielding more. I don't throw as many people out from the outfield and I have to focus on base stealing threats.

For defense, I found that on Hard setting, I was hitting way too many doubles. I don't hit many triples anymore, but the realistic doubles is a positive change. The team batting average is also more down to Earth.

I learned how to pitch on Hard level just by pitching outside more and throwing high heat when I want a strike out. When I get a 2-2 or full count, I try to paint a corner with a breaking ball.

Pitching was changed from Powerful to Hard, because I rarely get opposing pitchers to throw out of the strike zone on Powerful. This way, I get walks and realistic pitch counts. I set my batting cursor to powerful until two strikes. This way, I only get homeruns when the pitcher messes up and throws right down the middle. My batting is so strong that the homerun counts aren't realistic unless I do this. So when the threat of a strike out comes, I switch the cursor to contact mode and try to get a base hit. With strike out batters like Lee Seung Yeop, I keep the cursor on power and try to make contact.

[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 16, 2005 6:57 AM ]

I started using the same sliders as you guys did ( but letting the CPU take control of my fielding..I was juste throwing to bases).
I am now playing with these settings:
running: Hard
fielding: hard
batting: hard
pitching : hard

I thought that fielding at powerfull was too unrealstic for me, and it was very hard to get extra-bases.
Plus, the scores were too low...

I'm now 4 games into my season ( playing as the Carp ) I'm 1-3 , and controlling the fielding.
my era is about 4.30 and I,m hitting .260
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Sep 17, 2005 11:05 AM ]

Was same as the other guys, but few weeks ago changed batting to powerful...and it just doesn't seem right...everyone turned into ichiro or pujols...and never swings at balls, so i switched back to hard.

actually I prefer playing in powerful pitching...but i aint there yet, and is having a tough time hitting the ball...but hard is way too easy now for me...probably gonna adjust to powerful pitching if i am gonna go back to play it later.

or maybe will wait for chou~ to come out and see what happens in that...
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 21, 2005 5:11 AM ]

I just had my best game since I got the game.
I lost 6-4 to the Giants (I'm playing as the Carp).
But I saw everything, 2 errors, 3 homeruns, a couple of steals, and 10 hits from each side.
I tried your settings
fielding and running : powerfull
picthing and batting : hard
I had never played at fielding set to powerfull when having control of the fielding...
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Sep 22, 2005 5:08 AM ]

Since I've been playing with these settings (Running and Fielding: POWERFUL; Batting and Pitching: HARD), I've been getting very realistic stats.

It also seems like the game's entire "feel" or "A.I." changes on these settings. 3 examples I think that I've noticed: -Fielders committ more errors. -Guys with "C"s in power have a better chance of hitting homeruns. -More high infield pop-ups.

I lost 2 games on these settings recently. But I would classify them as "good losses." Both games were fun and competitive, and I made some really stupid mistakes that cost me the wins. It felt like I lost because of MY mistakes, not because the A.I. just decided to make me lose.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.