Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Did anyone ever play Gekitou Pro Yakyuu?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Did anyone ever play Gekitou Pro Yakyuu?
the japanese league game with some added cel shaded anime characters. It was from the makers of Home run king.

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/549/549967/imgs_1.html
Comments
Re: Did anyone ever play Gekitou Pro Yakyuu?
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Sep 29, 2005 11:40 AM | CLM Fan ]

I heard it wasn't that good. I'm sure it's nice if you like the manga. I love the old Captain Tsubasa games on Super Famicom.
[ Author: Guest: wadew | Posted: Sep 29, 2005 3:27 PM ]

Well with home run king, I always liked the player models and what they did with batting stances/pitching styles. It looks like they did the same things with Gekitou. However, the baserunning and fielding needed a lot of work in HRK. I wonder if they fixed that in this game. I also wonder if it has a similiar menu layout.

Also, instead of starting another thread, I guess I'll just put this in here. Did anyone play FAMISTA 2003 for Gamecube? They haven't made a famista game since, right?

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/fiches/J000035596.html
[ Author: Guest: Keibu's Dad | Posted: Oct 24, 2005 12:16 PM ]

This game is excellent! I've had it for about a year now and never tire of it. The gameplay is very fluid, you can play with or without the anime characters, and if you're in the mood to use them, it can be pretty fun.
Without them, it's a good baseball game.
Hitting, pitching and fielding are solid all around.
[ Author: Guest: wadew | Posted: Oct 24, 2005 2:31 PM ]

Have you ever played Home Run King? And if so, is the menu layout the same in both games?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.