Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Zam's FINAL Guide To Pro Yakyu Spirits 2

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Zam's FINAL Guide To Pro Yakyu Spirits 2
Ok, this is probably going to be my final time through Pro Yakyu Spirits 2. If I get too good for these settings, then there's really nowhere else to go. Here are my settings...

Difficulty: Spirits
Pitch speed: Real
Pitching type: Release(used to be auto, so I'd give up walks, but I'd give up tons of hits on Spirits)
Defensive formations: Auto
Strike zone: On

I use the strike zone, so I can pitch to the weak points. If I didn't use it, I'd probably be hit really hard. On Spirits, there aren't too many Ks. I got 8 with Uehara, 6 with Kisanuki, and 4 with Kudoh.

Kisanuki gave up 3 runs on 5 hits to start out the second game, but calmed down. After that, we gave him a 5-3 lead, only to have Sikorski and Kubo blow the game towards the end.

In batting, I try to swing on first pitches with guys who have first pitch hitting ability. I don't think anyone on the Giants has that ability, though. Other than that, I work the counts. Unless I get a big meatball to hit, I try not to swing freely early in the count. When I get two strikes, I go to contact hitting and try to keep the at bat alive.

To give you an idea how this works, I just beat the Carp 2-1. We had 6 hits and the Carp had only 3 hits. Kudoh made the Carp ground out almost everytime. After that, Nakamura came in for 2 innings, only giving up a single hit. Miceli then got a grounder and two fly outs for the save.

We got the winning run when Nioka hit a lead off double to the right center gap. This was his first hit of the season. After that, we brought in Kapler to pinch hit for the pitcher. He laid down a perfect bunt to move Nioka over to third. Nishi then got his first hit of the year and brought in the winning run.

Our team batting average is .264! Keep in mind that my reflexes are pretty strong with yakyu games now. Real speed may be too fast for others. These settings work perfectly for me, though. The high speed pitches really give you a feeling of desperation when you're at a full count and trying to survive.
Comments
Re: Zam's FINAL Guide To Pro Yakyu Spirits 2
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Oct 29, 2005 6:23 AM | CLM Fan ]

BTW, this is how you throw the ball into the stands.

If you're the home team, press triangle and circle at the same time when you've caught a fly ball with the right fielder to end an inning.

Away team, catch the ball to end an inning with the left fielder and press triangle and square.
Re: Zam's FINAL Guide To Pro Yakyu Spirits 2
[ Author: Guest: skinz | Posted: Nov 1, 2005 6:27 AM ]

Thanks Big, I'll try those settings tonight. I've been playing on perfect to get ready for SPIRITS. I might stick to medium speed so I could at least have a chance to hit it out of the park. I also noticed that I hit less with only a handful of pitchers. I get 6 or less playing against Matsuzaka, Iwamura, Kawakami, Watanabe and Uehara. Other than those pitchers, I get 6 or more hits with the rest.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.