Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyuu spirit 2

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Pro Yakyuu spirit 2

I just can't find anywhere thats says where to adusjt the difficulty level and the pitch speed level ( in the pennant mode ).
Can anybody help me ?
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyuu spirit 2
[ Author: Guest: skinz | Posted: Dec 1, 2005 11:11 PM ]

Congrats on getting Pro yakyuu Spirits. So how do you like it?

Anyway, when your on the pennant main screen, go to the 9th option and click it.

After clicking it, this is what shows up in this order:

Ball speed (slow,regular,middle,real)
CPU difficulty (easy,normal,hard,perfect,SPIRITS)
strikezone (on,off)
??
Name of pitches (on,off)

I really need to create a FAQ for this game.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 2, 2005 12:40 AM ]

Thanks !
I got the game monday, and I was amazed by the graphics and the gameplay.
I also have Pawapuro 11 and 12, but, I'm a big fan of behind the pitchers view.
I am very impressed so far.
Thanks for the difficulty level infos.
What level are you playing with ? and do you get realstic stats ?
Thanks again !
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 2, 2005 12:42 AM ]

Thanks !
I got the game monday, and I was amazed by the graphics and the gameplay.
I also have Pawapuro 11 and 12, but, I'm a big fan of behind the pitchers view.
I am very impressed so far.
Thanks for the difficulty level infos.
What level are you playing with ? and do you get realstic stats ?
Thanks again !
[ Author: Guest: skinz | Posted: Dec 2, 2005 2:37 AM ]

I'm gonna start a FAQ for this game. But the problem is deciding on a PDF type of FAQ or just plain old notebook Text.

I'm playing on Hard with the real ball speed. Real speed is the highest speed for the ball and is quite fast to make contact, but its the best option to go to when you master the game.

I suggest you start with the second option (normal speed) it's slow but that too slow like the first option. That should make you get use to the movement of the ball and the batters stride to make contact.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 13, 2005 3:10 AM ]

I'm using these settings :
Difficulty level : Spirit
Ball speed: the one before real. but since it's too easy for me to hit, here is what I do :
I put the cursor somewhere over the plate, and don't move it when the pitch is thrown ...that's how I hit.
I was wondering if anybody else does that, and also , if it is possible th hit homeruns doing this ( I played 8 games so far, and didn't hit a homerun yet.
[ Author: Guest: skinz | Posted: Dec 14, 2005 12:21 AM ]

No I don't play like that. This is how I play:

Press R1 to go into the power cursor (the cursor will turn to a small O) By doing this its hard to make contact. Swing with this until you have two strikes. After 2 strike Press R1 again to go back to contact cursor and swing to get a hit.
Your probably not hitting HRs because your not using the Power Cursor.

I don't use the strikezone when I'm batting (the strikezone is to dark and get in the way to see the ball movement)

I mostly wait until the pitcher makes a mistake and the ball cursor goes big. If you wait until that happens you will see a HUGE jump in walks. Right now in my Tigers pennant, Kanemoto have 15 walks on May 1st. I get about 4 walks a game now.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 14, 2005 4:18 AM ]

An you are playing at the hardest level ? and real pitching speed ?
Do you hit homeruns ?
do you get realstic stats ?
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Dec 14, 2005 5:59 AM ]

I'm playing on Perfect the one before SPIRITS. The CPU get way too much hits on SPIRITS for my taste.
I also use the middle Speed. I was using real speed but my averages was fallen really fast, especially for my leadoff man. So I went back to Middle Speed, I like middle speed because the speed of the ball changes depending on the Pitcher, while in real Speed, every pitch is fast.

Here's my Stats in May 3rd:

TIGERS

Team Batting .289

Akahoshi - .255 0hr 7RBI 9SB
Toritani - .320 2HR 14RBI
Imaoka - .301 7HR 16RBI
Kanemoto - .320 8HR 18RBI
Yano - .326 6HR 16RBI
Fujimto - .230 0HR 5RBI

I had to send Akahoshi down a bit to hit because he just wasn't hitting enough to get on base. His on base percentage is below .300. Right now its, .298. So I'm using Toritani has my leadoff man and I have Akahoshi batting 2nd. Toritani OBP is .333.

Kanemoto is leading the team with a .394 OBP

As for walks, Kanemoto have 16, Imaoka have 10, and Toritani have 8 and the rest are between 4-8.

my team is in third place in walk total

Are you getting enough walks? Remember that the strikzones for both leagues are different. The strikezone in the central league is much higher than the pacific, while the strikezone in the pacific is more wider.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 6, 2006 3:28 AM ]

Here is how I'm playing on Yakyuu Spirit.
I must say that I'm looking for the most realistic games and stats possible.
I play on the hardest level, with medium pitch speed.
I let the CPU pitch for me (that way, I get walks and K's, and reel pitch numbers).
I play with automatic fielding position set to OFF.
For hitting, I play with the cursors set to 3 BUT :
prior to the pitch, I put the cursor somewhere over the plate, and I don't move it no matter where the pitch is.
(I use the powerfull cursor for the first 2 strikes, and I try to hit with the contact cursor after 2 strikes.)
That way, I get realistic number of K's,walks, hits and HR's.
And by doing this, the game just won't get any easier as I play.
Just tought I'd share.

[ Author: Guest: goisles01 | Posted: Mar 15, 2006 1:08 PM ]

Hello Im playing Spirits 2 and im wondering why my lineup wont change automatically for right and left handed pitchers. is there some setting?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.