Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

1000 Posts!

Discussion in the Video Games forum
1000 Posts!
Rock on, guys! Of course, I believe I'm around 1/3 of the posts, but it's still a huge milestone. Hehe. We've come a long way from having no place to talk about yakyu games. Thank you to Michael Westbay for giving us a forum and a good home to help further increase awareness of yakyu game greatness.
Comments
Re: 1000 Posts!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 19, 2006 9:00 PM ]

my first post!!!!
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Feb 20, 2006 12:44 AM ]

If this site didn't exist, I wonder whether I'd be playing Japanese baseball video games at all (perish the thought!).

This site encouraged me to take the plunge into the world of pro yakyuu, even though I don't speak much Japanese.

Thanks to all who have made this site a reality.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 20, 2006 7:07 PM ]

i would play these pro yakyuu games but i dont have a japanese ps2 and i cant read katakana or kanji.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 20, 2006 7:09 PM ]

all of u who play pro yakyuu games do u guys know how to read japanese?
[ Author: Guest: Stevie B | Posted: Feb 20, 2006 11:28 PM ]

haha NO.. i have no idea about kanji (hope thats right) or japanese language.. and im a newbie too.
just got the game..ie pawapuro 12 K..or Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 12 Ketteiban .. and all i can say.. get a modd chip or whatever.. and BUY N PLAY THIS GAME. Im just doing the basics atm, n just getting buy playing a normal p1 game.. and i recently had a p1 v p2 game with my nephew trying to work the moves out etc.. and its brilliant. Imagine whatll it be like when i learn more bout this great game....

Im planning to make some screen shots of some of the basic menus(via just a simple digicam), so that hopefully i can upload them to some people in this group (heres hoping ) to be able to manipulate the screen shot jpgs using the text function
of paintshop pro or whatever program to put enlish text over the kanji. People at evoweb used to do the same thing before patches were available for WE about 2 yrs ago.. someone would translated the menus on screen shots just before the english translation patches come out.

Im quite sure this game isnt popular enough (which is a pity) with the english speaking gamers to have english translation patch teams working on it.. so i think my idea may be ok..since id post the pics somewhere for all newbies to see... id just help with the translations.. and someone willing to dl the screen shots from me and edit them. it wouldnt take to long cause itd only be the major menues.. but who knows.. peeps may want the more advanced menues done
like successs modes or whatever..

i just find having picture translations easier to use. ive seen some translatsions on documents.. and are kinda hard to follow..

i dont know if this was the correct place to post this.. but yeah.. itd help newbies.. hahah

Also.. i would like to thank the peeps at this board for all the help thus far.. if it wasnt for this site and people on it.. the moderators an all the rest.. i wouldnt have got pawapuro 12 k the other day.. i wouldnt know anything bout it.. and yeah.. i wouldnt be playing this fantastic game. And the great thing is.. its only the start.. its gonna get better

thanks guys
steve
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Feb 21, 2006 2:22 AM ]

Welcome Steve, to the world of Pro Yakyuu games. Let me just state that it will be great and sometimes fustrating (because you can't really get into the game because all the good stuff are written in Japanese, but overall well worth it.

I don't think you can post images in this forum for us to see without Copy & paste.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Feb 21, 2006 3:55 AM ]

where can i get my ps2 moded? how much doesnt it cost?
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Feb 21, 2006 6:56 AM ]

Guest,

You could either mod your PS2, or you could use plastic pieces with a boot disc such as "slide card" or "twist tool."

Personally, I'm just not comfortable with openning my consoles and tinkering with their circuit boards.

So I use a "slide card" on my original, thicker PS2 and a "twist tool" on my newer, Slim-Line PS2.

A word of caution though, the "twist tool" "tool C" is a bit tricky to install. You'll need good lighting, a tiny screwdriver, and plenty of patience to correctly install it. But the "twist tool" is only necessary if you have a V13 or V14 Slim-Line PS2. If you have V12 Slim-Line or below, then you can use the more basic plastic parts (their name escapes me).

If you have an older/fatter PS2, then the "slide card" would be a piece of cake to install. You'll still need a tiny screwdriver, but the process is much less difficult.

Check out the following sites:

http://www.modchip.com/ps2/

http://www.twisttool.com/product_info.php/products_id/71
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Feb 21, 2006 7:04 AM ]

Also, I don't understand much Japanese.

In fact, what I do understand has come from consulting a Katakana chart as I play Pawapuro.

Plus, I've created some basic translation guides. I email them to anyone who asks.
[ Author: Guest: Steve B | Posted: Feb 21, 2006 10:00 AM ]

"I don't think you can post images in this forum for us to see without Copy & paste."

Whatd id do.. is take the pics of screen shots.. then post em on this site i stumbled apon where once can post pics, and the links:
eg. this is in my album so far: http://photobucket.com/albums/e272/aussiegnr/

no pawarpuro screens yet.. but ill post another folder in my photobucket.com soon.. and i guess ill post the links up.. so someone can basically save these pics from my this site an manipulate em..and send back to me via email..or even open there own photobucket or any other pic storing site they want.

But id store em via links..so people can just get the finished translations via links n save em on their pc for their own use.

what do u think?? I know thisll help me out etc.. but also give me a chance to help others out which to me is the best thing. as they say, to give is to receive

steve
[ Author: Guest: Steve B | Posted: Feb 21, 2006 4:59 PM ]

BTW thanks heaps for the translation sheets John, much appreciated... havent gone though the whole lot, but what ive read has helped me quite a bit.
Still i think some basic translations of menus in Picture format would be great since alot of the guides are written for previous version.

As i mentioned to you before john, me n my nephew played a p1 v p2..and we were going great..but round the 6th innings.. my nephews pitcher was lookin 'outta sorts'.. that wirly thing round his head..like he was sick.. this went on for another innings or more..and then suddenly the game stopped..with a message on top screen.. i think it was red..but basically a relief pitcher was needed.. we were in the menu for subs etc..but get this... we couldnt get back to the game, because everthing we tried failed.. we couldnt get outta the menu... we changed the player.. so we thought.. but yeah..first time in my life of videogaming, the game stopped due to not being able to get outta the sub menus.. .hahah how embarrasing..

i havent played the game since..that was only the 2nd time we played it... loved what i played so far..and the training drills were great, but because of this menu problem in the middle of the game.. id like to get some translations of menus clearer..and help others at the same time.

ill do my best to take pics tnight.. or tommorrow morning.. just so fkn busy atm

steve
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Feb 22, 2006 1:46 AM | CLM Fan ]

Punishment for abusing your pitchers!
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Feb 22, 2006 2:42 AM ]

Steve B,

I just sent you a lengthy email that hopefully answers all of your questions.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Feb 22, 2006 4:46 AM | CLM Fan ]

Steve, please don't do any form of cursing on the forum. You said the f word, but used a shortened version. Michael Westbay is in charge of all the other forums, but I'm in charge of this one. He put trust in me to take care of this forum, and I have to lay down the law.
[ Author: Guest: Steve B | Posted: Feb 23, 2006 4:27 PM ]

ooops sorry for cursing.. no more abbreviated swearing (or any kinds) i promise
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.