Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

What's the most realistic ?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
What's the most realistic ?

What's the most realistic gameplay you ever got with a game (any game).
I'm talking stats, gameplay, everything.
Comments
Re: What
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Apr 13, 2006 1:29 AM ]

Lets see, I've used to play a lot of baseball games back in the day, but don't anymore for reasons I already listed.

Stats- Hardball 99, boy was this all this game was good for, stats, stats, and more stats, because the graphics and gameplay were pure crap. The graphics were like looking at game before it's time.

Gameplay- The Old World Series Baseball line back by Sega, on the Genesis. Boy, do I feel old school now, but the gameplay at that was unprecedented I feel for anything released now. All my games I felt were a realistic outcome.

Also, I had loads of fun with Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball for the Game Boy. I used to play that game for hours and hours on end, now I'm lucky if I get it to work for more than five minutes. So, I say it's between those two.

Graphics- MLB 2005 had the best graphics of any baseball game I ever played, but that was about it for it. I hated the gameplay, because they did way too much with guess pitch and guess hitting which made it more annoying than fun to play. I'm not a fan of all the guess pitch and guess hitting stuff. I want to play a game without all of that.

Overall- The best baseball game I ever played would go between the old World Series Baseball series, or MLB 2004 for PS2 and MLB 2003 for PS1.
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Apr 13, 2006 1:58 AM ]

Sadly, I'm still looking for that great baseball game. I liked ESPN 2k4, the graphics were god awful but the stats were really realistc and the pitching system was fun.

The Japanese baseball games that I've played (Pro Yakyuu spirits 2004, PYS2, Baseball Live 2005,)I'll say they have the realistic chance to get it right that their U.S. counterparts
[ Author: Guest: gx9901 | Posted: Apr 13, 2006 2:14 AM ]

The best combination of stats and gameplay I've experienced so far is MLB '05 & '06. Hardball had very realistic stats back in the day but the gameplay wasn't there. MLB is the only console baseball game (I actually only have the PSP version but I assume the PS2 version plays the same) that maintains its challenge after playing several seasons in season mode. I was on my fifth season with MLB '05 using the Astros and had trouble staying in even the wild card race! In most other console games, US or Japanese, that I've played, I'd win over 90% of the time after a couple of seasons. In MLB, I usually have a few too many players with high batting averages (.340 or so) but all other stats are very much in line with the other players in the league and are generally realistic.

The best graphics, by far, would be Pro Yakyu Spirits 2 (and of course PYS3, which I have yet to play). After playing PYS2 last year, MVP 2005 literally became unplayable because the player models look so horrendous in comparison to PYS2.

I would have to give a nod to King of Pro Baseball for N64 for its great gameplay. I probably played thousands of games on that one and although I ended up winning almost all of the games, it was still a lot of fun to play with decently realistic stats. I thought it was much much better than Pawapro on PS1.
[ Author: Guest: npb over mlb | Posted: Apr 13, 2006 3:42 PM ]

MLB the show is good for stats.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.