Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Spirits 3 - PS2 VS. XBOX 360

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Pro Yakyu Spirits 3 - PS2 VS. XBOX 360
For those of you who experienced Pro Yakyu Spirits 3 on both consoles, what is your impression of it?

I've heard a lot of people bashing the 360 version, I believe this is largely due to the fact that this game is not import friendly and most of gamers are not stupid enough to invest in import xbox just for this game.

I own the ps2 version and has been very happy with it. Until last weekend when a Japanese friend of mine came to my place with his copy of PYS3 on xbox360.

The graphic is simply amazing!! Movements are fluent and feels like you are watching the real game on high-def tv. Players have more animation and smooth transition from pitchig, batting, and fielding is just spot on and brings a lot more realism to playing the game.

The sound is way better than the ps2 version, well, obviously this is equipped with Cristal clear 5.1 surround sound.

Bottom line is, I wish soon there will be a mod-chip for xbox 360 so I can play this game on my U.S version xbox. Or I will have to wait for PS3 and get it then. But from what I have experienced, I don't know if I can wait... for this game along, is wroth the price of the box.

Now I am back playing the ps2 version... well, let's just say that I wish I've never played the 360...

Please post your thoughts. (Please don't bash the game if you have not seen it in person or played it).
The video and screen shots can't serve the justice, you have to see it to believe it.

Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Spirits 3 - PS2 VS. XBOX 360
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: May 26, 2006 7:01 AM | CLM Fan ]

I think we all made our assumptions based on pictures and video, since we don't really have a desire to buy an Xbox360. There's a certain feel you can only get by playing a game, but videos don't lie. The caps don't fit well, faces don't look like they do in real life, there's too much "fog effect", and it looks like a modern day anime at times.

I don't know if you follow NPB at all, but the faces look NOTHING like they do in real life. That alone is enough for me to dismiss the Xbox360 version. Aoki and Wada have giraffe necks, too.
Re: Pro Yakyu Spirits 3 - PS2 VS. XBOX 360
[ Author: Guest: King Johjioma | Posted: May 31, 2006 3:43 AM ]

The long neck and anime only appeared to very few players and only on player bio pic. I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it. The smooth gameplay and the whole accurate player physics will make up for all of that and more.

Yes, I have been a Japanese Fan since the late 80's watching players like Hideo Nomo and Hideki Matsui emerged from the high school tournament to their Japanese debut. Die heart Seibu Lions fan!!

Some players looked a little bit over done, but you won't even notice it when playing the game.
I was about to get tired with my PS2 version until the 360 came along... a breathe of fresh air. Now I am back and about to start a new season. Sadly the 360 will go back to my friend but I will without a doubt, trade my US version for his.

I hope the mod chip will come out soon.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.