Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Sonic Rising!!!!

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Sonic Rising!!!!
So I spent a while creating myself in Pawapuro 12 Chouketteiban Success Mode. Of course I want to be a flame throwing gyroballer, since I'm a fan of the anime/manga Major. Here's how I set it up.

I bought the Sniper Ball immediately and did breaking ball training to obtain a cutter. After that, I went right to pitch training. I rested every Thursday or Friday, then worked at the super department store on Saturday for 11000 yen. I then bought pitching shoes to help out in pitch training.

I continued this cycle until I had enough money to get the super jacked up pitching shoes that cost 70000 yen. I bought them, and by this time I'd increased my cutter to level 2 and developed a level 1 circle change.

The only relationships during practice that I focused on were Ikari-sensei and Shindo-sensei. Ikari because his student-teacher tag training is the only way to become a flame thrower, and Shindo because he has a random event in which he can teach you a two seamer.

So I'm killing everything. I shut down Tomozawa and other teammates during pitching tests and we win all games with myself as captain. I successfully learn the hard to attain Rising Cannon from Ikari-sensei. It's a gyroball that moves up and is hard to hit for opponents.

I continue training and eventually increase my control to 150(C level) and pitch speed to 153 km/h. I get to the last week of Success Mode. I've had many chances to train with Ikari in order to attain his secret Sonic Rising pitch.

On Monday of the last week, I get to train with him, but I get nothing. I check the practice field on Tuesday, and he just happens to be right back in pitching training. My energy level is red, but I buy two Pawarins to increase it. I look up the probability for injury, and it's at 25%! I take a huge gamble and go for it, since I don't know if this will be the last chance or not. Luckily, it goes through and BAM I get the Sonic Rising event to take place.

Ikari warns me how dangerous it is and how he hasn't even learned how to do it yet. Blah blah blah. I tell him to teach me.

I wind up...here we go...*SNAP*

My life as a baseball player is over. I almost cried when I heard that snap. Hehe.
Comments
Re: Sonic Rising!!!!
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: May 27, 2006 3:36 AM ]

My Japanese is too poor to play Success Mode, but even I have heard of the mystical "Sonic Rising" (in another thread a while back). I love these Success Mode stories.
[ Author: Guest: skinz | Posted: May 27, 2006 5:36 AM ]

HAHAHA!!!! That's hilarious.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: May 27, 2006 7:49 AM | CLM Fan ]

I used to not like Success Mode too much. Now that I'm into yakyu mangas like Major and Dokaben, I appreciate it a lot more. Success Mode stinks if it's handled poorly, though, like the one in PawaMajor. I'm hoping Pawapuro 13's Success Mode with the whole Koshien scenario is going to be great. I want to see all the same characters come back.

I really need to just sit down one day and translate all of Pawasuq.com's Success Mode and My Life guide. They're both huge parts of the game that I think nobody should be missing out on.
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: May 27, 2006 3:34 PM ]

Ha, I had similar experience from ur flamethrower, altho mine actually hurted even more. I got a DJ surgery in july, and my closer was at 160km/h with a 5 cutter (was trying for an upgraded rivera).

I actually stopped for a sec thinking if I should learn Sonic Rising or not...and at last took the risk, coz I wanted to make a closer I've never made before, and this was the right time.

And *snap*, and I said goodbye to my closer XD

I usually just play in pro-test scenario now before I stopped with pawapuro12, it's the easiest to get skill points to increase control (something that's sooo hard to get in 12, bcoz there were no control pitching practice)

Success mode's always been my favorite mode in pawapuro. I suppose bcoz I am one big Adachi Mitsuru from like when I was a small kid. Pawapuro 10's success mode was very fun, especially the new feature in ketteiban where u can buy any success mode characters from the past to form a team.

However, I'd probably say I enjoy pawapuro 11's all-japan team the most, it was short but fun. Watching all those guys from before gather around to fight the other nations.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: May 27, 2006 5:54 PM | CLM Fan ]

Oh my god...I just did it again...

I spent what felt like ages trying to get a good scenario going. I finally got a good player going and head to the end of July. Same good old SNAP of the arm again.

It's NOT easy to get the Rising event to take place, and it seems like it's 100 times harder to be successful in learning both Rising Cannon and Sonic Rising. To get to the level I had to be, I basically had to abuse my arm a ton to get enough points. My legs and arms were about to explode until I hit the hot springs. So yeah...still haven't been successful with the Sonic Rising.

BTW, my favorite Pawapuro Success Mode was the All Japan team. I remember that final match being so difficult and barely winning it. In my opinion, it was also the best ending in Pawapuro.
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: May 27, 2006 10:53 PM ]

well, chances of learning rising cannon or rising shot is something like 60% and 80% if u have m. ikari's friendship at max. Then it's 60% if u have cannon and 40% if u learnt shot before.

So u can see the chances of learning both successfully aint that high.

I was lucky, however, that I didn't experience a failure in learning the special fastball until like the 4th or 5th try. But most of the ones that I had successfully was in 12, where they screwed up the rising series (in the way that the pitch will become so slow unlike what a gyro should be (gyro should be +5 km/h in visual speed, and nobi4 = +3, so a total of +8 if u learn the pure gyro)

Then in 12ketteiban, they screwed up abata's original fastball, and that one was screwed SOOOOOO badly that if u pressed the wrong button and got ur original fastball, ur pitcher's fastball is totally unusable. I remember I had a perfect Otsuka back then done for joc, but went too fast and pressed the wrong button to learn original fastball, and Otsuka became unusable that I have to re-do it (altho it was successful ^_^

I usually just play all-japan scenario for fun, so I usually buy the goggles right before the final tournament, so it was a lot easier knowing what pitching ur opponent will be throwing. I remember I even took USA out by a called game after leading by 12-2 after 5th inning. LOL

But that scenario is just sooo fun, especially if u played the previous games. And they even have special dialogues when introducing the japanese members.

11's Teiou scenario was also a lot of fun, and with it u can make SOOOOO many great players. And in 11 they dun really force u to date with the monsterous 'Himeno Karen' like in 12 in order to get lots of bonus stuffs.

BTW, how's ur powerful town? BMZ
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.