Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Hitting Tips for Proyakyu Spirits 3?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Hitting Tips for Proyakyu Spirits 3?
I need help bad..i really suck in this game and i keep getting owned by the computer. at least 8-0 by the 1st inning...the cursor looks simple so freakin complex to learn...need tips!!!!!!!
Comments
Re: Hitting Tips for Proyakyu Spirits 3?
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Jun 19, 2006 12:29 AM ]

Complex!? Judging from your username you love MVP 2005. So I will start by saying this:

Everything you've learned by playing MVP's hitting zone should be thrown out the window. This game plays NOTHING and I mean NOTHING like MVP hitting mechanics.

Now that you erased MVP out of your system, here's how the hitting mechanics work in the Pro Yakyu Spirits series:

copy and paste this
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/prospi/2004max/new/images/new05_p01.gif

Now the orange ring is the contact cursor where you make contact with the ball.

The dot in the middle is the sweet part of the bat. If you connect the ball in the sweet spot you'll get a hit 98% of the time.

Now all you have to do is move the cursor to the ball to hit.

This is not MVP where you hold up for a fly ball and down for a grounder, its completely different. Even if you are using the zone hitting in Pro Yakyu, its not the same.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jun 19, 2006 2:53 AM ]

I second everything Skinz said.

Here's a link to BigManZam's guide, if you don't have it already:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/pro_yakyuu_spirits_3_trans.txt

Check out #13.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jun 19, 2006 2:58 AM ]

Knowing when to swing with the "X" button and when to swing with the "Circle" button is crucial.
[ Author: Guest: thenewcurse | Posted: Jun 19, 2006 7:12 AM ]

I'm having trouble with it too. My era is in around 2.00, but I'm only hitting about .150.

What do you suggest? When should I use the x and o buttons?
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jun 19, 2006 9:30 AM ]

Read #13 in BigManZam's guide, for God's sake!
[ Author: 20X6!! | Posted: Jun 21, 2006 2:55 PM | FSH Fan ]

Just a possible thought, but if you're using a non-Sony controller, the cursor is very sensitive. I tried using a 3rd party controller and I had so little control over hitting.

If that's not the case, it's a tip I learned the hard way (after not being able to hit the ball squarely).
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jun 21, 2006 9:59 PM ]

I've only played with official Sony controllers, so I don't know...

You could try switching the cursor movement from ANALOG to DIGITAL. It gives hitting a different feel.
[ Author: Guest: thenewcurse | Posted: Jun 23, 2006 5:06 AM ]

how do you switch from analog to digital?
I have a sony dual shock, but I rarely hit the ball squarely
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jun 23, 2006 6:19 PM ]

Again, read BigManZam's guide. Look under
"5. Difficulty Options," the fourth sub-heading says "Controller," and then "1. Type - Analog, Digital."

If you rarely hit the ball squarely, you probably need to adjust other difficulty settings and/or PRACTICE.

I'm not sure I prefer Digital over Analog in Pro Spirits 3. Unlike PawaMajor, Analog hitting was done properly and feels good in Pro Spirits 3. But Digital hitting feels good too. I don't think one is any easier than the other, it just comes down to personal preference.
[ Author: Guest: thenewcurse | Posted: Jun 24, 2006 11:29 AM ]

Switched from digital to analog; pounded Yakult 13-4. Thanks for the tip. BigManZam's guide really helped when tailoring the settings!
[ Author: Guest: IloveMVp05 | Posted: Jun 24, 2006 12:43 AM ]

i just played a game losing 17-0 in the 5 th inning..with no hits..what a bummer
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Jun 24, 2006 1:04 AM ]

Man, you need help on pitching and batting. Put the game on the easiest level if your having problems (I still don't understand how you can't understand the hitting mechanics)

[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Jun 24, 2006 1:07 AM ]

Oh and I HIGHLY suggest DO NOT put on digital mode in Pro Yakyuu spirits unless you've mastered the game. The digital mode is really sensitive that one movement with your thumb and its straight strikeout. ANALOG is way better and easier for newcomers.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.