Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

About Mylife difficulty settings in PawaPro

Discussion in the Video Games forum
About Mylife difficulty settings in PawaPro
Just wondering what other people thought of the degrees of difficulty in the PawaPro series.

This is experience from having only played 7, 8, and 12. But... I can't help but find "futsu" (normal) to be alittle weak at times... but then in tsuyoi (strong) the game to become disgustingly difficult.

I used to play pennant (in 8) on normal with Yomiuri got kinda tired of the lopsidedness and played a new pennant (on strong) with Hanshin, letting the comp pitch. Had a hard time hitting to say the least.

I sort of glad I never tried pitching in strong level now though... Maybe its just me but from trying to play as a pitcher in MyLife on gokuaku (lvl above normal). Its nearly impossible sometimes to pitch all that well... I've used my created folk in these but my knuckleballer got rocked up a ton, and my more balanced pitcher still gets rocked too... This is compounded by the questionable defense the computer plays behind me. I remember back in Pawa8 in my Hanshin pennant I did semi-auto fielding cause the speed of the comp. defense was so bad. I really wish I could play defense in Mylife too .

Anybody else have the same problem with MyLife difficulty? futsu pitching isn't hard, but pitching on strong is a nightmare.

The oddest thing is I still get called up to 1gun on occasion...
Comments
Re: About Mylife difficulty settings in PawaPro
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jun 28, 2006 4:31 PM | CLM Fan ]

I wrote a FAQ on how to pitch in Pawapuro 12 Ketteiban when it was released. I play on the highest difficulty and get ERAs of around 0.50-2.50 during the season as a reliever. This is also with the "COM mark system" that the game gives you when the opponents adjust to you as they beocme more familiar with your stuff.

I'd also like to say that these methods will also greatly increase your ability in older Pawapuros, especially those in the Akada era(like Pawapuro 8). This also works for Pro Yakyu Spirits 3. I'm not so sure about Namco's games, as I haven't played them much.

1. Vary your opening pitches. Don't throw strikes on first pitches all the time.

2. Don't go for "punch outs" on the same count. Be aware of your pitch counts. The computer will detect if you like going for the K on 2-2 counts, for example.

3. Throw to all parts of the strike zone. This means all four corners, as well as the middle of the top, bottom, right, and left sides of the strike zone. To give you an example, here is how a typical pitch count would be for me.

Pitch 1 - Fastball top outside corner for a ball
Pitch 2 - Cutter low middle for a strike
Pitch 3 - Cutter low outside for a ball
Pitch 4 - Drop curve high inside for a strike
Pitch 5 - Fastball inside middle for a ball
Pitch 6 - Cutter high inside for a strike

In My Life, my cutter is very developed and fast with a good break. My fastball also has movement with a max speed of 156 km/h and is heavy. A lot of hits that would be homers can turn into fly balls for me. I don't like using my drop curve, because it's not a very strong pitch for me. I just use it to keep the CPU guessing.

4. Be aware of batters. If a guy is a slap hitter, don't pitch away on him too much. If a guy is a high/low ball hitter, don't play to his strength.

5. If a batter has completely been owning you in a season, don't be afraid to be cautious and give up a walk to him. Don't intentionally walk him, but pitch a little further out of the strike zone. Maybe he'll foul off some pitches or pop something up. Don't throw the ball into the strike zone, though.

6. Check runners when you can. If you think someone's going to run, pitch a fastball high and outside to help your catcher pick him off.

7. If you're playing My Life, keep your condition up by playing video games and golf. If you're playing a normal game, use the defensive shifts to your advantage. Some weak batters will get singles, because your defense is playing too deep by default.

8. I can't stress this enough. Do NOT throw into the strike zone all the time. Only throw in the strike zone to avoid a walk. If you can make batters chase bad pitches, he'll pop up and ground out a lot more.

9. Press X repeatedly while in the pitching motion to increase the speed of your pitches.

10. Think like a pitcher.

Re: About Mylife difficulty settings in PawaPro
[ Author: Guest: Shinigami | Posted: Jun 28, 2006 10:19 PM ]

in the last few pawapuros there's been the CPU mark system on normal(was it gokufutsuu? i dun really pay attentions to these things, lol) and gokuaku. There's 5 levels in total, which will go up if u continually do good, or go down if u're doing bad for quite a while.

e.g. for pawapuro 12

lv 1 for normal starts at normal difficulty, and by lv 3 it will be tsuyoi/hard, and at lv 5 it will be all powerful CPU, and also hides the pitching cursor

for gokuaku it starts off at powerful from the very beginning already, and by lv 2 or 3 it will already hide pitching cursor...so u really have to be very careful and pitch wisely in order to not get roughed up

BMZ basically said everything that u need to know about pitching in pawapuro 12...or should i say basics for most pawapuros.

in pawapuro 12, however, there's this CPU flaw that if u mix ur pitches well, batting even at powerful CPU 80% gets striked out on a down and in slowball. If they do hit it, it's almost always gonna be a hard grounder to ur 1st or 3rd baseman...so if u want to, u can utilize this flaw to max for tons of K's

I do hope they increase upper difficulty CPU to chase pitches more...in pawapuro 12 i dun think i've had one batter chase any of my forkballs out of the strike zones...most frequent I see people chase are cutters up and in or onto their hands, other than that, it's hard to get them to chase.

they did improve this thing in pawamajor...hopefully it will continue into pawapuro 13.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.