Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Jomccalne, YOUR A GENIUS!!

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Jomccalne, YOUR A GENIUS!!
After playing Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2 and killing the CPU 19-5 and getting 25 hits, I decided to use your approach with DIGITIAL with LOCK-ON when batting. And man did that work like a charm, its very difficult to hit now. I played 2 games with that and got 9 hits between does 2 games. I haven't been so excited to hit less in a baseball game. Thanks a lot. You've just save the game for me, I was going to sell it but your settings saved it.
Comments
Re: Jomccalne, YOUR A GENIUS!!
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jul 7, 2006 5:27 AM ]

Wow. Glad I helped.

I've only used DIGITAL and LOCK-ON in PawaMajor.

I don't have Pro Spirits 2, but I do have Pro Spirits 3. Maybe I'll try these settings in Pro Spirits 3.
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Jul 7, 2006 11:10 PM ]

Yup, I finally got a good setting, here's what I got

Ball speed = Real
Strikezone = off
Batting = LOCK-ON
Movement= Digitial
CPU= Perfect

I'm starting to like Digital because its even harder to pitch also. Its harder to pinpoint the corners.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jul 7, 2006 11:20 PM ]

Just to be clear, you're talking about Pro Spirits 2 and not 3 right?
[ Author: Guest: SKinz | Posted: Jul 8, 2006 8:12 AM ]

I'm talking about Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2, but the gameplay are the same from what I see for 3.

I never used digital in PYS because I don't think the game was design for it. Digital is WAY to sensitive in the game but I'm so used to the game mechanics that I decided to try somthing else to change the game for myself and so far it worked.

Also, it should be noted that beginners in the series should not try Digital out the gate. You have to be real in tune with the mechanics to get it right. You've played Pawapuro so more so than PYS so I don't think you'll be comfortable playing the way I do.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jul 11, 2006 2:03 AM ]

In Pro Spirits 3, I took batting practice with DIGITAL and LOCK-ON, with MIDDLE PLUS (+) Cpu pitch speed. It seemed to work like a charm!

I tried REAL Cpu pitch speed at first, but found it a bit too difficult...maybe because I'm less experienced at Pro Spirits or maybe because the pitch speeds differ from Pro Spirits 2.

Any Pro Spirits players out there who've yet to try this should definitely give it a shot. Again, DIGITAL cursor movement and LOCK-ON batting cursor. Plus, you should jack the Cpu pitch speed up to near maximum.

One thing that always bugged me about Pro Spirits 3 was that in order for me to consistently hit on ANALOG cursor movement and NORMAL batting cursor, I'd have to turn the Cpu pitch speed down to BASIC or BASIC PLUS (+). And these speeds don't look realistically fast. They resemble slow-pitch softball.

But now with these settings, the Cpu pitch speed actually looks like that of a professional baseball pitcher.

Another thing I like about these settings is that they enable you to better utilize your hitters' hot and cold zones. Because the cursor is set to DIGITAL, you can just park your batting cursor over your red zone(s) and wait for your pitch...especially when you're ahead in the count.

The L2 button re-centers the batting cursor when it's set to DIGITAL. L2 also re-centers the batting cursor in PawaMajor.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jul 12, 2006 10:19 AM ]

In Pro Spirits 3, L2 only re-centers your batting cursor DURING BATTING PRACTICE (TRAINING) and HOMERUN DERBY. During an actual game, no matter what you've got BLOCK SIGN set to, L2 WILL NOT re-center your batting cursor...as far as I know.

L2 ALWAYS re-centers your batting cursor in PawaMajor.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jul 14, 2006 7:16 PM | CLM Fan ]

I gotta thank J-Mac for this, too. After being disappointed with the Pawa games, I'm back to PYS3 and used this method. My averages and HR numbers are way down. I may just make a quick FAQ in the next few days to give skilled players the most out of this game.

This is the best game out, people. It'll continue to be the best game out until the next installment. I just hope that they don't mess with things too much when they change the franchise. I'm guessing that they're just changing the name and presentation, but the overall gameplay philosophy will remain the same.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jul 16, 2006 2:10 AM ]

Thanks for the tip Jomclane ...
I am now getting very realistic stats and games...
This game is, THE best baseball game I have played so far...I am getting realistic pitch counts, walks, K's, Hits, Bunt, errors, steals ...
I was thinking of byuing Pawapuro 13 ...but from what it's been said, I'll stick with Spirit...
I onfly there was a way to play interleague on Pawapuro 11, I'd probably get it.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jul 18, 2006 2:47 AM ]

I'd like to correct part of my last post.

In Pro Spirits 3, L2 does re-center the batting cursor DURING ACTUAL GAMES. But you must wait for the pitcher to start his motion. Here's how it seems to break down:

L2 functions as the BLOCK SIGN button before the pitcher starts his motion, but then L2 serves as the re-center batting cursor button once the pitcher begins his delivery.

With DIGITAL cursor movement, using L2 to quickly re-center the batting cursor often proves useful.

And holding L1 as you move the batting and pitching cursors SLOWS DOWN the cursors' movement. I use L1 a lot when pitching because it's easier to paint the corners. But you've got to wait until your pitcher starts his motion for L1 to function as the SLOW DOWN button. Because before your pitcher begins his delivery, L1 serves as the Defensive Shift button.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jul 18, 2006 2:59 AM ]

I'm glad everyone's enjoying these settings (DIGITAL and LOCK-ON). Although, again, I can't take too much credit. It was Skinz who first tried these settings in Pro Spirits. At the time, I had only played with these settings in PawaMajor.

BigManZam,

I'd love to see a quick FAQ. Because even though I'm enjoying Pro Spirits 3 with DIGITAL and LOCK-ON, I'm still trying to figure out my ideal pitch speed and CPU Difficulty Settings (Pitching, Batting, Fielding, Running).
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jul 18, 2006 4:04 AM | CLM Fan ]

Dunno if the FAQ's gonna happen. I'm busy with my Pennant of the Osaka Kintetsu Buffaloes in Pawapuro 11 Ketteiban and I'm also trying to record four albums before the year is done. Yes, the Zammer is a rock superstar.

Just remember to use L1 while pitching, use full power pitching rarely with starters(kills their stamina) and ALWAYS with relievers.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Jul 18, 2006 4:06 AM | CLM Fan ]

I'd also like to add that if a batter is hitting you well when you're pitching one style, switch it around. Iwamura was hitting off my pitchers well on outside pitches, so I went inside for every pitch and he always grounded out to my second baseman. I did the same with Koichi Ogata.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.