Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Is there a way to play Pro Yakyuu Spirits 3 on a English 360?

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Is there a way to play Pro Yakyuu Spirits 3 on a English 360?
Or would I have to buy a Japanese version to play it? If yes, then I really expected more from a next generation console like to at least be able to play dvds and games of all nationalities
Comments
Re: Is there a way to play Pro Yakyuu Spirits 3 on a English 360?
[ Author: Ravman | Posted: Jul 28, 2006 2:58 AM | SL Fan ]

I think the Xbox 360's are region free, which means you can play imports on them. Correct me if I am wrong.
[ Author: NiGHTS | Posted: Jul 28, 2006 7:42 AM | TYS Fan ]

Some games are reigon free while others are not. Check with the importer before you buy. I believe PYS3 is not reigon free.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jul 28, 2006 3:25 PM ]

I second everything NiGHTS said.

With XBox 360 games, some are region-free but others are not.

And I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Pro Spirits 3 is NOT region-free.
[ Author: Guest: GW | Posted: Aug 2, 2006 3:43 AM ]

That's right, PYS 3 is NOT REGION FREE game. What a shame... they could have expanded the market.

Well, keep us posted if anyone know there will be a modchip in the near horizon.

[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Aug 2, 2006 10:39 AM | SFT Fan ]

Just to add on to what NiGHTS and jomcclane said, the XBox 360 itself is region free, it is up to the developer to decide whether to make the game region-free or impose a regional restiction lockout on it.

What a shame... they could have expanded the market.

Yes, while that is true, video games are all about economics and acquring the right permission to do so.

Konami first off doesn't think that bringing a Japanese baseball to the United States would be very popular at the cost of making it.

While, don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest NPB fan there is. Though, Konami would take a bigger loss than what it took to produce the game.

Second, it would require getting the respective rights of the teams, NPB, and the JBPBA(the Japanese version of the MLBPA). Also all three of these have no interest in expanding to the international market of fans overseas who are interested in NPB, which is very disappointing.

Third, I wish that all games and systems would just get rid of the regional restriction, as I fail to see how it protects companies such as Sony, Square Enix, Konami, Namco-Bandai, Sega-Sammy, and Tecmo.

It's not like companies have to market their games without a regional restriction outside of that designated region. I've have failed to now, to see how regional-restriction code has protected Sony and numerous Japanese third-party video game companies.
[ Author: Guest: J.L | Posted: Aug 13, 2006 8:34 AM ]

Re: the region lockout.

To shed some light on this Jbroks86 it does protect the companies. It's not about the Japanese games expanding to NA and Europe so much but to protect NA games from "infesting" the foriegn markets.

By allowing access to a wide range of NA and Europe games this would hurt the Japanese companies as they would now have to compete with those regions as well.

You mentioned that "It's not like companies have to market their games without a regional restriction outside of that designated region." I am sure the Japanese games would not market outside the region but the NA based companies would market to Japan thus affecting the Japanese economy by poor sales from the gaming market there.

Besides if a Japanese game is popular enough such as Katamari Damacy it will find it's way to the States eventually

I am not saying it's right or I 100% agree with the logic but it is what it is.

About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.