Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Perfect Game!

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Perfect Game!
I just threw my first ever perfect game in Pawapuro with Pawapuro 12 Ketteiban's My Life Mode. 100 pitches and 11 Ks. It was really stressful at the end, since I was really trying to locate my pitches. It was against a 2008 Hanshin team, so Sekimoto scared me every time he came up, especially because I'm a lefty. This is why this game(excluding Pawapuro 13) is so great. You just have fun and feel the tension in certain moments.

Only other time I've thrown a perfect game was with Masumi Kuwata in PYS2. Don't ask me how I did that.

Anyone else throw perfect games or no hitters before? I know Shinigami has.

Here were my stats, if anyone is interested.

Speed - 155 km/h
Control - A 200
Stamina - B(just shy of A) 149
Slider - 5
Knuckle Curve - 2
Fork - 4
Comments
Re: Perfect Game!
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Oct 26, 2006 8:11 PM | CLM Fan ]

Threw another one just a year later. At the allstar break, my stats look like this...

12-0 0.60 ERA
10 Ks above teammate Matsuzaka in strike out ranking

Matsuzaka is like 11-3 with a 2.40 ERA, so we're pretty much owning the Pacific League right now. Lotte was very close for most of the season, but we're pulling away right now. I've thrown 44 innings in a row of shut-out baseball.

When choosing a team to play for after qualifying for FA, choose wisely. I started with Yokohama, and they traded me to Chunichi for the second half of my final year with them. After finishing 15-3 with a 1.10 ERA, I got 2.5+ oku offers from Hiroshima, Seibu, and Yomiuri. Yomiuri had OK offense, but no pitching and the position players were aging. Hiroshima had amazing offense, but absolutely no rotation and no protection of my leads. I ended up picking Seibu, because they had lots of power and contact bats with youth. Akada can steal 40-50 bases too. The bullpen wasn't great, but you can't go wrong with Matsuzaka helping out with the workload.

Be picky about which team you choose, and be sure to check out team ERA, batting average, homers, and age of players.

Re: Perfect Game!
[ Author: Shinigami | Posted: Oct 27, 2006 6:41 AM | FSH Fan ]

Pawapuro 12's still the best if u gotta play mylife mode for a pitcher, not so good for a hitter tho.

My only perfect game was a long while ago when I did it in 12's success mode, in the final dream match against the pawatown folks...with 90% of them being my players (most with either A meet AH attribute + other things, or 160+ power PH monsters...or both...=_=)

It was fun too, as that game iirc went into extras into the 10th before I hitted a sayonara homerun to straight center.

In mylife I've gotten close to perfect games many times, but then I always fail to get the final few outs without trouble.

I can say it's very fun and exciting when u're getting close to it...each pitches gets harder bcoz u're aiming for the perfect spot...and when u see ur ball gets hitted, there's a chill thru ur body that it might become a basehit.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.