Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Question for BigMan or anyone with the expertise

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Question for BigMan or anyone with the expertise
Hopefully you can help me answer these questions,
1. As you know, MLB 2K7 is already out, and I own both systems (PS3 and X360). Which system should I get for this game? Every critics claims that (based on previews) x360 has better graphics and runs more smoothly. Is that necessary true? Because I prefer the controller of the ps3.

2. Since I have the Japanese PS3, does that mean I would not be able to download roster updates etc... from the U.S Server for this game? Or even compete on xbox live with U.S players?

Please help me with these and greatly appreciated.

G.W
Comments
Re: Question for BigMan or anyone with the expertise
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 1, 2007 6:20 AM | CLM Fan ]

1. If you have Xbox Live, go ahead and get the Xbox version. I have the PS3 version and it doesn't WOW me with it's graphics. It's fun enough, but I bet the 360 version has better colors and frame rate. It's not a hardware issue. It's bad programming.

2. I have a Japanese PS3 and can download roster updates and play online. 4-0 so far, son!
[ Author: Guest: ken | Posted: Mar 2, 2007 1:44 AM ]

so,,,,what is your impression on the gameplay and overall opinion on the mlb2k7

ive heard there are some frame drop issues during the game. Is it very serious?

Ign gave it a pretty low score. Do you guys agree with it?

1 more month and pys4 is out!!! cant wait!!!
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 3, 2007 1:53 AM | CLM Fan ]

There are framerate issues and there are tons of bugs. For example, the pitcher would be KNEE DEEP into the mound when I played as the Diamondbacks against the Nationals at RFK. There are also a TON of commentary glitches.

MLB2K7 is a month long distraction before PYS4 comes out. Nothing more than that.
[ Author: Guest: GDub816 | Posted: Mar 3, 2007 1:48 AM ]

Wow, I lost interest in the MLB2K7 so quick, I went right back to the spirits 3 and that was refreshing.
The mlb has amazing graphics but got tired of hitting so quick, you pretty much have no control of where you want the ball to go or to influence it. Hard to get a single, most of my runs came from HRs.
Let's just hope the spirits 4 will be out soon.

[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 4, 2007 12:36 AM | CLM Fan ]

Wow, I feel like I just entered an exclusive club. I was called a "noob" by someone on MLB2K7 for reporting that they cheat for abusing El Duque's eephus pitch. I feel like I died and went back to 4th grade. This is why I can't stand talking to the idiots on these games.

They also have this mentality that throwing balls is cheating. I end up almost no hitting every game.
[ Author: Guest: ken | Posted: Mar 4, 2007 2:12 AM ]

lol....its really funny to see how those guys think
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 4, 2007 6:59 AM | CLM Fan ]

Luckily, Japanese gamers are a lot smarter, for the most part. I had my troubles playing DS Koshien on WiFi against smart Japanese players. The games were always very close. I remember when Shinigami and I went 17 innings with a 1-1 tie until one of us got the winning run(I forgot who). I had like 18 hits and couldn't bring any runs home, because the base running in that game is so weird.

I hope Konami have a function for online league play or tournaments. They do lots of tournament stuff for Pawapuro, but it's all real world. If there's no league option, I'm sure some dedicated fans will create leagues using web sites and message boards. I just saw a league a few guys made for PYS3 on 360.
[ Author: Shinigami | Posted: Mar 5, 2007 8:00 PM | FSH Fan ]

Lol, speaking of that match, I think we combined for something like 35 strikeouts or something

Bad base-running coupled with good pitching, it was hard to score. I remember I had a runner gunned out at the plate who should've scored if the CPU base running was a little better.

DS koshien's WiFi play was somewhat killed off because of the inability for players to control anything but batting and pitching when u first play. I think u only gain control of the other things once u reach to a certain points. And CPU in that game is just so awful it killed it.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.