Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyu

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyu
This is the topic on which you can discuss the most famous yakyu game of them all, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyu. Pawapuro, as it's referred to by fans, may look strange to many people, but the gameplay is almost flawless.

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyu 12 should see a release around July.
Comments
Re: Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyu
[ Author: Guest: zbadd | Posted: Mar 7, 2005 2:34 AM ]

is this on Xbox, and is there a chance someone here in the US can get it
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 7, 2005 6:20 AM | CLM Fan ]

It's available for Japanese PS2 and Gamecube.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Mar 7, 2005 7:40 AM ]

"is there a chance someone here in the US can get it"

No, without ordering the game it would be impossible to get without ordering, the game would be incompatiable with U.S. PS2's or Gamecube's. You would either have to buy a NTSC-J version of one of those consoles.
[ Author: Guest: Stevie | Posted: Mar 7, 2005 10:48 PM ]

Well, it's incompatible only if you try to merely throw in the disc and play... I've played both PawaPuro 10 and 11 on an unmodded GameCube with simply a FreeLoader boot disc, which was pretty easy to find.

I've really enjoyed these games... what I find especially interesting is how Konami has applied their knowledge of "life sim" games popularized through games like Tokimeki Memorial into their baseball titles. Having a "My Life" mode where you essentially become a rookie player in one of the teams' systems and working your way up through Eastern/Western League play is quite fun... including a storyline involving the real players/coaches.

- Steve
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 8, 2005 5:27 AM | CLM Fan ]

Hopefully, they'll keep working on My Life. They improved it a lot from Pawapuro 10, but there are still a lot of flaws.
[ Author: Heian-794 | Posted: Mar 8, 2005 11:12 PM | HT Fan ]

It's insane how much effort is put into the "life simulation" parts of those Pawapuro games these days. I remember playing one many years ago where you could only be a position player. These days there are 800-page manuals just for the "success mode".
[ Author: Guest: doug logan | Posted: May 22, 2005 7:00 AM ]

soooo u japanese?
[ Author: Guest: Jacob | Posted: Mar 14, 2005 11:15 PM ]

I've also played Pawapuro 10 on Gamecube for months - it is probably my favourite baseballgame of all time. Didn't buy 11, however, becuase I was totally overwhelmed by the Success Mode... I speak or read zero Japanese.

I hope someone here can answer these questions:
- In Pawapuro 11, is it possible to create your own players WITHOUT playing through the entire Success (or My Life) Mode?
- Has anybody ever encountered an English reference guide to Pawapuro 10 or 11?

Thanks,

Jacob
[ Author: Guest: Lenus | Posted: Mar 21, 2005 8:15 AM ]

I'm happy to have found this site.
I have 2 questions.

1) Like Jacob, I'm wondering if any English reference guides exist for Pawapuro 10 or 11.

2) Does Pawapuro 11 Super Final Edition (released 12/16) work on a non-Japanese PS2 with a PS2 slide card, and/or on a non-Japanese Gamecube with FreeLoader?

Any help would be much appreciated.
[ Author: Guest: MHStevie | Posted: Mar 21, 2005 11:41 PM ]

I've played both Pawapuro 10 and 11 on a US Gamecube with a basic FreeLoader disc with no problems... so I'd assume this would extend to the Final 11 version as well.

Sadly I haven't been able to locate anything in terms of English guides for the Pawapuro games... so far these games haven't had the profile or support of some of the anime-related J-games.
[ Author: Guest: mark | Posted: Mar 23, 2005 9:33 PM ]

Does anyone know when version 12 is coming out?
[ Author: Guest: Lenus | Posted: Mar 26, 2005 7:09 AM ]

I think I read somewhere that Pawapuro 12 was slated for a mid-July 2005 release. This makes sense because I think Pawapuro 11 was released mid-July 2004.

Pawapuro 11 Super Final Edition was then released mid-December 2004. So its probably safe to assume we'll see Pawapuro 12 Super Final Edition this December.
[ Author: Guest: mark | Posted: Apr 1, 2005 7:52 AM ]

anyone out there heard anything on pawapuro on the PSP?
[ Author: Guest: Peter | Posted: Apr 2, 2005 3:52 AM ]

I've pawapuro 11 and it is awesome! I just want to know what is the difference between this one and the super final edition
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 2, 2005 5:36 AM | CLM Fan ]

Some new animations, batting stances, tweaked CPU difficulty, new events in Success Mode, updated stats, and updated rosters.
[ Author: Guest: Lenus | Posted: Apr 6, 2005 1:02 AM ]

I've just started playing Pawapuro 11 Super Final Edition for Playstation 2. Amazing game.

But I'm new to this series of games and I don't speak Japanese. I'm learning as I go through trial and error.

I'm wondering if anyone out there who is experienced with this game could offer any pointers. Any help would be much appreciated.

More advanced in-game controls, how to navigate the menus to get to different game modes, etc. - These are the sorts of things I'm curious about.
[ Author: Guest: Lenus | Posted: Apr 11, 2005 3:21 AM ]

I've decided that my last post sounds too open-ended and vague.

So here are some specific questions about Pawapuro 11 for PS2:

1) What are some good difficulty settings for someone new to the series? (Assuming I'm starting an exhibition match, do I pick the RED box on top or the BLUE box on the bottom? Once I pick between these 2, what sort of fine tuning should I do in the in-game options menu? How many times do I need to press DOWN and how many times do I need to press LEFT/RIGHT to make these changes?)

2) Where's batting practice mode?

3) How do you vary the speed of your pitches?

[ Author: Guest: Stevie | Posted: Apr 20, 2005 6:35 AM ]

Since noone else has replied to this yet, I'll help where I can (not much considering my lack of Japanese skills)...

To answer #2, Batting Practice can be found in the selection just below the one where you set up an exhibition game. I believe BP is the menu selection first selected when the menu comes up... there are actually a number of different practice modes which cover all aspects of gameplay: batting, pitching, fielding and even baserunning. There's also a mock game practice where you're eternally at bat and simply trying to score as many runs as possible... for creativity in interface, I love the fielding practice mode even though I'm terrible at fielding...

Hope this helps!
- Stevie
[ Author: Guest: Lenus | Posted: Apr 27, 2005 4:57 AM ]

Stevie, thank you for trying to help.
[ Author: Guest: Lenus | Posted: Apr 12, 2005 2:45 AM ]

Correction: the BLUE box is on top and the Red one is on the bottom. I had it backwards before. I'm talking about the first screen that comes up after you've selected a one-player exhibition game.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Apr 15, 2005 8:29 AM ]

According to this article, Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyu will see a release of July 14 in Japan. Also, Konamai is planning a PSP version of Powerful Pro Yakyu according to this article.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/14/news_6122265.html
[ Author: Guest: mark | Posted: Apr 25, 2005 8:37 PM ]

i think jikkyou powerful pro yakyu is the most comprehensive and accurate baseball game out there. plus, it's much more fun than the american baseball games. the american baseball games just put you to sleep. i've been playing the game for the past year but hitting homeruns is little more difficult than it has to be or am i just doing something wrong? i put it on the small (power) cursor but it's extremely difficult. anyone out there have any tips? or do i just have to live with the fact i'm not a good home run hitter?

help
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 26, 2005 2:57 AM | CLM Fan ]

I play with the mit cursor off and using the direction pad. I only hit for power in the right situations. If Imaoka goes up to bat with 0 outs and the score is 0-0, I just try to get him on base. If it's 2 outs and a man is on first, I go for the long ball. You just have to have good reflexes and practice. Timing helps a lot, too. It's important to get long counts, because then you can find that fastball down the middle. Anyone can smack one of those out of the park. A good eye is key.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 26, 2005 5:49 AM ]

Can you please tell me how to hit without batting cursor. I found one setting without cursor but the fielding was controlled by CPU. I would like to use assisted fielding.

Thanks
[ Author: Guest: Lenus | Posted: Apr 26, 2005 7:00 AM ]

How do you turn the mit cursor off? How do you hit with the D-Pad? I play Pawapuro 11 Super Final Edition on PS2 and only the left analog stick works on the default settings.

Also, with runners on 1st and 3rd, how do you steal 2nd without the runner on 3rd automatically taking off for home? How do you bunt with a man on 3rd without the runner automatically taking off for home?

I love this game. If I could get these four questions answered, this game would be about as close to perfect as a game can get.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 28, 2005 9:04 AM | CLM Fan ]

To turn the mit cursor off, you need to go into the options and go to the right side of the screen, to the opponent's options. Press O on the fourth option up from the very bottom of the screen. That turns off the mit cursor for the opposing team, so you won't get distracted when focusing on the strike zone. This makes for more realistic hitting, in my opinion. You also learn how to hold off on bad pitches, hence creating walks and increasing pitch counts. My stats are very realistic with this.

To play with the direction pad, just press the analog button on your controller off. The game will automatically switch to digital.

To steal or run bases with individual runners, hold the square button. Then, press the direction pad to whichever base you want to go to. If you have a man on 3rd and 1st, and want to steal 2nd, hold square and press up. Only the man on first should take off. Also, to increase your speed, tap all four shoulder buttons as fast as possible. That's R1, R2, L1, and L2. This helps in base stealing, infield hits, and getting a triple every now and then.

If you want an individual runner to go back, do the same thing, but hold the X button instead. If you want all the runners to hold off, press triangle and O. This will make them all stop on the basepaths.

Also, here are some little tips...

-Tap the X button repeatedly to speed up your pitches.
-Bunt at the last second to do a drag bunt.
-Press O at certain stadium fences and you can climb them to rob a homerun. Press it again to jump up.
-Press R1 with certain right fielders in their home ballparks after grabbing the third out to throw the ball into the crowd. The only guys I know who can do this are Ichiro and Yoshinobu Takahashi.
-If you suspect a player is going to steal, throw the ball high and to the outside. This will give the catcher better position to pick off the runner.
-Press square and X while running forward on a fly ball to do the Shinjo skip catch.

[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 28, 2005 3:53 AM ]

I just got Pawapuro 6 ( yeah I know , I'm behind ) but just fell in love with this game ( altough I understant nothing in japanese ) .
but maybe someone can help me with this :
-is it possible to play a seasonn where there is more then 6 teams ? ( or do you keep playing the 5 same teams ? )

thanks
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 28, 2005 8:43 AM | CLM Fan ]

You have to keep playing the same teams, because that's an old game with no interleague matches.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 28, 2005 8:42 AM | CLM Fan ]

There are two new pages on Pawapuro 12 at Famitsu and Konami.

[ Author: Guest: Lenus | Posted: Apr 29, 2005 9:06 AM ]

BigManZam,

I'm printing out your post on Pawapuro controls, hints, and options and plan on keeping it next to me when playing the game.

In the eyes of this non-Japanese-speaking newbie to Pawapuro, your post is undoubtedly the single most useful batch of information I've come across.

I've learned a lot on my own in the various practice modes. But your post filled in the lingering gaps - i.e. the stuff I just couldn't seem to figure out through trial and error.

Thank you for taking time to answer my questions. Your post has just made this amazing game that much more enjoyable for me.
[ Author: pac1404 | Posted: May 2, 2005 4:17 AM ]

Hello all !

I'm very interessed in Pawapuro because I discovered baseball when I went to japan in 2003. Now I saw Japan in Olympic games in Athen (they lost against Australia ) but I fall in love with baseball... My problem is that I'm too bad ! I own Pawapuro for Gamecube, the no 10 Final Edition, and the No 4 for GBA. My interess is to do some championship but I never found it on gba, how to do it and to enter in a championship... For the Gamecube version, my problem is to pitch, I can't pitch correctly, I'm so bad... I don't know how to do it... COuld someone help me please ????
[ Author: Guest: Lenus | Posted: May 8, 2005 7:02 AM ]

pac 1404,

I own Pawapuro 11 Final Edition for PS2. But even though we own diiferent versions on different consoles, I bet our games are similar.

I'm new to this series of games, but I'd say pitching has been my strongest point so far.

Hold your joystick in the direction of a pitch your specific pitcher can throw. If you press it in the direction of a pitch he cannot throw, he will shake his head, "No!" Up is a fastball for every pitcher, and not moving the joystick is a slowball/changeup for every pitcher. Once you've picked your pitch, you can release the joystick. If you change your mind, just press the joystick in a new direction then release it again. Now press the pitch button (I'm not sure what this is on Gamecube, but on PS2 it's X). Now use the joystick to adust your catcher's mit/target. You can keep adjusting until the ball leaves your pitcher's hand. Tapping the pitch button repeatedly while pitching will give your pitches a little extra speed.

Make sure to mix up your pitchs' type, speed, and location. This is the key to success.

Hope this helps.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 12, 2005 3:34 AM ]

ho yeah ! it should really help ! i'll try it now

thx !
[ Author: Guest: Lenus | Posted: May 15, 2005 10:01 AM ]

Glad I could help.

I have a question of my own. Hopefully someone out there can help.

When players get injured during a season and red "X"s appear on top of some of their ratings, does this mean the "X"ed ratings have been reduced to 'G's? Or does this mean that the affected ratings have been reduced by some unknown degree? I'm leaning toward the latter explanation because I've just hit a homer with Tuffy Rhodes even though his power rating was red-"X"ed.
[ Author: Guest: Lenus | Posted: May 26, 2005 7:15 AM ]

Thought I'd share one other pitching tidbit that I've recently figured out.

I've noticed that certain pitchers have 2 bars in a particular direction rather than the ordinary 1 bar.

--What I'm not 100% sure about:
Now with many of these 2-bar pitchers, the 1st bar's length indicates the overall quality of the breaking ball and the 2nd bar's length indicates how much extra hang/drop/bite that breaking ball has. Pitchers with 2 bars horizontally or diagnolly to the left/right fall into this category. Also, the pitch name next to each of these 2 bars appears to be the same.

--What I am pretty sure about:
But I've stumbled across one pitcher who has 2 bars that go straight down. And each of these two vertical bars has a different pitch name next to it. To throw the left bar pitch, just press and release down and then press the pitch button like you would normally do. But if you want to throw the right bar pitch, press and release down and then press and release R1 and then press the pitch button.

Hope this helps.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: May 26, 2005 10:05 AM | CLM Fan ]

These are for pitchers with forks and change ups. They're also there for pitchers with cutters and sliders, as well as those with two seamers and four seamers. Kaz Sasaki has two forks, one has more break than the other.
[ Author: Guest: Lenus | Posted: May 26, 2005 11:05 PM ]

BigManZam,

Thank you for your help.

[ Author: Guest: Lenus | Posted: May 26, 2005 11:09 PM ]

Are there any other pitchers that require pressing R1 to distinguish between two pitches?
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jun 1, 2005 12:24 AM ]

I'm curious about the difficulty settings others use for Pawapuro 11.

I'm new to the game so I leave the CPU difficulty on default (the easiest level, I think) except for CPU hitting. I turn the CPU's hitting up one. My only complaint about these settings is that the run and hit totals over multiple games are a bit too high. But the games are still fun and competitive.

I also change my (HUMAN) batting cursor accuracy to PINK, and I turn off the CPU's mit cursor off (BLUE colored).

Thank you again BigManZam for telling me how to turn off the CPU's mit cursor. The CPU's mit cursor can be turned off on the right side, 4 up from the very bottom of the 2nd half of the difficulty menu.

Now here are my thoughts on the 3 batting cursor accuracy settings:

First, this setting is located at the very top of the 2nd half of the difficulty menu. (When you first enter the difficulty menu, you'll see "OK" at the top. Go all the way down to the bottom of this screen, and then press down again. The screen will shift down to reveal a whole new set of options. The batting cursor accuracy setting is located at the very top of this 2nd screen.)

BROWN/TAN - Hardest level - (default): I find this one a bit too difficult. The margin for error is extremely small. I just don't hit enough homeruns with this one. But I'm new to the game. And I suspect that in the long run, a seasoned veteran who desires realistic stats will probably want to go with this one.

BLUE - Easiest - This one's just too easy. Too many homers and extra base hits. If you let a pitch go by while on this setting, you'll notice that the batting cursor automatically tracks the pitch's location for you!

PINK - Intermediate - I use this one. You've got to be accurate with the batting cursor, but not as accurate as you do on the default (BROWN/TAN) setting. Also, I get more homeruns and extra base hits but not too many.

Any impressions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
[ Author: Guest: shinigami | Posted: Jun 3, 2005 4:06 PM ]

woohoo...i finally found this place...didn't see ur post back on gamefaqs...BMZ...

i play on hard (pawafuru is too hard...^^

the way i set up my control...i basically leave everything on, mit cursor, catcher's glove location, the pitches' route...the default ones

and i like using the analog stick to play more than the direction pad, altho i had played the old ones on SFC where the direction pad is all u got, but to me the stick allows me to move around quicker, and if the opponent's pitcher throws a wild pitch in the middle of the box, by just releasing the stick u will be back in the middle (well, of coz dun take ur hand on the stick, just release it for 0.1 sec so it goes back to the original position and adjust a little so u can slam the ball out of the park)

the score i am getting is very realistic, but i am improving all the time with my stick control, so it's getting easier for me to hit power shots with kyoshin's...

for me, i always look at the catcher's glove before the pitch comes, so i can approximately move my mit cursor to where the ball will be, and adjust depending on the type of pitch. it makes hitting long, hard shots much easier if the opponent is throwing a fastball (unless u're by the name of matsuzaka daisuke or igarashi ryota for example XD~~~)

and it's always a good way to check out the pitcher's types of pitches so u can guess which way the ball's direction will change, so it's easier to adjust. or if u're already very familar with the players in npb, u KNOW which pitches they got and so on, it gives a greater advantage to guess right to get a hit.

as for pitching, well...mix up ur pitches, and dun always throw strikes, mix up some off speed pitches just outside of the strike zone, unless u're playing on pawafuru, even on hard mode batters will chase the ball, especially when they're going for a hard swing.

practicing batting in the practice mode is only good for beginners when u're trying to get use to either the analog stick or the direction pad. coz u will always be in max condition when u practice, u will most of the time hit the ball a lot easier, even if u use someone with a E mit or E power. so once u get used to the controls, u should go practice on exhibition or other modes where u will have players with bad conditions and such, u can immediately note the difference between what the condition of a player can have on the end result of ur hit.

playing success mode over and over to create strong characters was also a great practice

and playing as the japan team in success is the best moment for me in pawapuro 11...that was sooo sweat to use the past characters on one team. and the fact u get to use an extremely strong team to get used to the game is also a plus.

wow...that was quite a long post...hope i am clear enuff, didn't get much sleep recently bcoz of french open and playing too much pawapuro...>__<
[ Author: Guest: shinigami | Posted: Jun 3, 2005 4:10 PM ]

ohhh, one more thing...
other than being on easy with lockon, the bat makes no difference, u still have to find the right spot to hit on the ball to make it fly. it's just on normal u get quite a few slow ball, so it's easier to track down to hit, whereas in hard they're more real, throw slowball only to get ur to swing early after a series of pitches.
[ Author: Guest: shinigami | Posted: Jun 3, 2005 4:15 PM ]

err...sorry...i didn't read carefully...so i've got more to say...^^; bare with me here just for another sec...ha

as like BMZ said already, when pitchers with two bars for 1 direction, u can switch between them by pressing R1 after u're on that pitch. many pitchers do indeed have this, for example matsuzaka has a h slider and a cut fastball which u can switch between by pressing R1.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jun 4, 2005 2:10 AM ]

Shinigami,

Thank you for your thoughts and advice.

If you ever feel like sharing more of what you know about Pawapuro, don't hesitate to post it.

Again, I'm new to the game and I'm trying to learn all I can about it.

One question: When I'm picking teams for an exhibition match, there are a bunch of blank team slots beneath the two rows of regular teams. When I put my cursor on one of these blank slots, a man appears with a "No!" sign. I assume these slots are reserved for hidden or created teams. Are there any unlockable hidden teams in the game?
[ Author: Guest: shinigami | Posted: Jun 4, 2005 10:06 AM ]

those are not hidden teams or anything, those are slots for arrange team -- teams that u make up urself (OB players, players playing right now, characters from success modes, and characters u made from success mode/my life mode, or ur pennant team from pennant mode)

just an additional note, arrange teams cant be used for pennant mode, however, u CAN add ur own players u created from success mode into ur pennant team. i made a bunch of guys with stats close to matsuzaka, and using simulation, i ended the year with like a 2.1 ERA for my lions team XD~~
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jun 5, 2005 12:43 AM ]

Thanks again.

What exactly is an "OB player"? I've seen this term on the internet and in my game, but I'm not sure what "OB" stands for.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jun 5, 2005 8:50 AM ]

I aint 100%, but 90% sure that OB stands for 'Old Boy', a term originally used for past high school graduates. But it's been evolved and now every retired professional can use the term OB, as in pro yakyuu OB, policemen OB...etc. the retired folks from their profession.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jun 7, 2005 9:28 AM ]

Has anyone else stumbled across this site?

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/body/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ihome.to%2Fobnet%2F&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

It lists all the information needed to create many Major League Baseball star players in Pawapuro 11.

I'd love to implement some of this into my game, but I haven't figured out how to create players yet.

Can you create players from scratch? I think I read somewhere that you need to finish an entire season before you can create players. Is this true?

[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jun 7, 2005 9:40 AM ]

Oh, and sorry about the length of the link and the fact that you can't just point and click on it.

I ran the site through an English translator. That explains the length of the link.

I'm not sure why it won't let you point and click on it though.

Just highlight the entire link and press CTRL C. Then go up to the window where you enter web addresses, clear the window, and hit CTRL V. The long web address should appear. Now press ENTER and you're there.

Most people already know how to do this, but I'm sure some don't.
[ Author: Guest: shinigami | Posted: Jun 7, 2005 1:53 PM ]

easiest and normal way to create players is from success mode, it's pretty fun to play with too, my favorite mode in the game, but it's very hard to get thru without some degree of japanese knowledge.

the hard way to make characters use thru mylife mode, but i dun suggest u do that coz u cant really control the stats ur player will get, and it's a long long long process to be able to get the password for ur character so u can put it in ur teams.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jun 8, 2005 12:44 AM ]

Shinigami,

You've helped again. Thank you.
[ Author: jomcclane | Posted: Jun 15, 2005 6:45 AM ]

In pennant mode, when one of your players gets injured and has red Xs over some of his ability ratings, how do you heal him?

Do you just bench him for a while, or is there something more you should do?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 20, 2005 7:22 AM ]

I would also like to know how to heal players with an X. All I've done is send them to the minors, and under regular training.. choose rehab... but it takes a while.
[ Author: Guest: shinigami | Posted: Aug 21, 2005 6:25 PM ]

send them to minors for a while, that's the only way
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.