Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Game of the Week?

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Pro Yakyu Game of the Week?
So I missed the Dragons playing last week and am so dissapointed. What I wanted to know is the following: Is there a pre-set schedule of which games you are going to be doing live online? And how far in advance do you post which games will be live and the times?

Thanks. Just a disspaointed American Fan.
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Game of the Week?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 3, 2005 7:43 PM | YBS Fan ]

Sorry you missed the game. It makes me feel much better when I see the count listening live to be greater than one. Listening to the audio archive after the game just isn't the same, I know.

I would really like to create a pre-determined schedule as I did last year (Sunday evenings), but that's not as easy this year.

Before the season, I decided that Sunday evenings exclude the Pacific League too much. I want to alternate between featuring Central and Pacific League games, so Sunday nights aren't doable (and will most likely turn into mostly Giants' coverage).

Weekends, too, have become a week-to-week adventure as my son is now playing on a team. They have practice all morning every weekend and holiday, with games often, but not always, in the afternoon/early evening. We usually get notices of the games on Wednesday or Thursday. Depending on that, I can do the game on either Saturday or Sunday afternoon - but don't know until Thursday.

I'm thinking of fixing it to be Friday nights. But there are a few times when I have PTA meetings that may run late (I'm vice-chairman of Kanazawa Elementary School PTA - learning a lot about how Japanese schools are run). For example, I have a PTA meeting this coming Friday, but I think it'll be done well in time for an evening game.

So you see, it's not so easy to just designate a day and time slot. But I would like to make Friday nights (JST) the norm.

In general, I'll post when the next game is here in the News forum on Thursdays, prefixed with "Pro Yakyu Live." I generally know my weekend schedule by then.
[ Author: Guest: curios | Posted: May 9, 2005 10:58 PM ]

Thank you for the information and Good Luck with your son and all of his baseball and schooling. It can can be trying, I know.

I also wanted to know if the Dragons ever broadcast their games live on the internet, or does any other team for that matter? Trying to follow along here in the US can be a quite confusing, and listening is not quite the same as watching.

All information is appreciated. Thank you for your help. You're doing a great job!
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 9, 2005 11:47 PM | YBS Fan ]

The Lions and Hawks have their home games broadcast via video over the Internet. Links with explanations have been posted here.

The Dragons start a three game series at Seibu Dome on Tuesday (May 10), so follow these instructions to watch the game live (if you're awake).

Those are the only two free Internet video services that I'm aware of.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.