Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Fighters Looking for Mirabal's Replacement

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Fighters Looking for Mirabal's Replacement
With the announcement that Nippon Ham Fighters' pitcher Carlos Mirabal is unlikely to return to the team after having a shoulder operation, coupled with the team's disappointment with the other foreigner starters Brandon Knight and Brad Thomas, the Fighters are now looking for a suitable replacement. They are rumored to be turning their attention on a southpaw in the New York Yankees farm system, and Sports Hochi is reporting that Alex Graman of the AAA Columbus team is the pitcher of subject. According to Baseball Reference he's only pitched in 5 innings at the major league level, giving up 11 runs for a 4.50 ERA, but according to The Baseball Cube he went 11-6 at AAA Columbus last year with a 3.37 ERA and 129 strike outs in 131 innings pitched.

Source: Sports Hochi
Comments
What About Brad Thomas?
[ Author: Guest: Skip | Posted: Jun 15, 2005 3:10 AM ]

Hi,

Does anyone have any news of Brad Thomas? I can't seem to find what has happened to him after his disappointing start. I had thought his potential was so much greater than his current performance and was wondering why he hasn't done as well as expected. Can anyone shed any light as to his current status?
Re: What About Brad Thomas?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jun 15, 2005 8:33 AM ]

According to Nippon Ham's website, Thomas isn't with the top team. [Link - in Japanese]
Re: What About Brad Thomas?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 15, 2005 8:34 AM | YBS Fan ]

Mirabal is currently the only Fighter on the team's Disabled List [in Japanese].

Looking at the Fighters' news page (in Japanese), I see that Obando was released on June 10.

According to NPB-BIS, he's 0 and 2 in seven appearances with a 11.77 ERA.

I found Thomas as one of five pitchers who threw on the winning team in a combined shutout in a Red-White inter-squad game on May 27 here [in Japanese].
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.