Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Fighters to Sign Lee

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Fighters to Sign Lee
The Nippon Ham Fighters are close to signing pitcher Corey Lee. He will be expected to join the starting rotation. [Full Story - Japan Ball]

Lee is 0-0 with a 27.00 ERA in one major league game. In AAA Salt Lake City he's 5-2 with a 2.90 ERA in 12 games. He has struck out 70 while walking only 39. [Minor League Stats] [MLB Stats - Baseball-Reference]
Comments
Re: Fighters Sign Lee
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jun 29, 2005 6:16 AM ]

The Nippon Ham Fighters signed Corey Lee to a 1 year, 25 million (2,500-man) yen contract ($227,200 - 1 JPY = 0.009088 USD). Lee will pitch out of the Fighters' starting rotation.

[Full Story - Japan Ball]
Re: Fighters to Sign Lee
[ Author: Guest: william medlin | Posted: Jul 2, 2005 12:42 PM ]

How can I follow any news about how Lee does over there? He worked with my son as a pitching coach over the off season in North Carolina. I followed his progress with the AAA Salt Lake City Stingers and was surprised to read that he was making this move. I guess he didn't see any real chance of getting moved up to the majors again any time soon.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 3, 2005 3:02 AM ]

- How can I follow any news about how Lee does over there?

Borisov's Japanese Pro Yakyu 2005 should have the stats of Lee as he pitches. [Link]
[ Author: Guest: william medlin | Posted: Jul 10, 2005 10:45 AM ]

Thanks. I read an article in a local paper and it said he's not expected to join the team until mid to late July and may even pitch some in their minors to begin with. He may not have the velocity he did at one time, but he has a killer change up as compensation. It's a shame he didn't get a chance to move up this year.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 19, 2005 7:34 AM ]

It looks like Corey Lee will join the Fighters. He was activated by them on the 19th (Tuesday). [Full Story - Daily Yomiuri]
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 28, 2005 1:50 AM ]

Corey Lee had a rocky debut, giving up five runs in 3 plus innings. [Full Story - Japan Ball]
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 28, 2005 6:29 AM ]

This was Lee's second game. It looks like, he already pitched in one game.

Lee is 0 and 1 with a 7.88 ERA in 2 games so far this year with the Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters. Lee has 5 walks and 4 strikeouts in 8 innings. [Fighters' Team Stats - Borisov's Pro Yakyu]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.