Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Live! June 26 - Chiba Lotte Marines vs. Orix Buffaloes

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Pro Yakyu Live! June 26 - Chiba Lotte Marines vs. Orix Buffaloes
It's to the Pacific League this week with the Chiba Lotte Marines facing the Orix Buffaloes on Sunday afternoon at Skymark Stadium (aka Green Stadium Kobe). Game time is 1:00 pm JST. Please see the Time and Date server for your local time.

As usual, you can click on the "Live!" link above during the broadcast. Instructions are there for accessing the archives after each broadcast.

Hope to have you tune in!

[Updated "Saturday" to "Sunday" on Jun 24, 2005 6:34 PM JST. Date remains the same.]
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Live! June 26 - Chiba Lotte Marines vs. Orix Buffaloes
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 26, 2005 12:55 PM | YBS Fan ]

It's just minutes from game time, but I'd recommend picking up Eng-san's Game Day Packet [PDF] to help follow along.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 26, 2005 4:36 PM | YBS Fan ]

A very quick game today, coming in under three hours. Kubo throws his second shutout of the season, Satozaki hits a pair of home runs (his first and second in a month), and Benny hits one out for us as well. Seems like Benny goes deep a lot on covered Pro Yakyu Live games.

I've broken up the game into two downloads this week: Innings 1-5 and Innings 6-9. Please let me know if this makes it easier to download and listen to and I'll try to do this more often in the future.

I have some bad news about the All-Star Series. I will be out of the country at that time and will therefore be unable to cover the game. I'm looking for a volunteer here in Japan to do these two games. I'll do what I can to train the volunteer before I go. How about it? Do you want to try your hand at broadcasting?
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jun 27, 2005 9:53 AM ]

This was my first game I listened to, and it was a great broadcast last night, or early this morning in the Eastern United States.

The game packet was a great reference while listening to the game, and the commentary and live scoring updates were all interesting and helpful while tuning in.

Overall, great job westbaystars, and keep the good work up as I look to tune in more when I can.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.