Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Live! August 6 Double Header

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Pro Yakyu Live! August 6 Double Header
I've got the house to myself for this final weekend, so how about we kick off the second half of Pro Yakyu Live coverage with a double header on Saturday, August 6?

Rakuten is hosting Softbank at 1:00pm [World Clock] on Sky A, and
Yokohama is hosting Chunichi at 6:00pm on J-Sports 2

This should work out well for listeners on both North American coasts to catch part of one game or the other live.

I would also like to let you know that I'll be a guest on MHStevie's radio show on Sunday morning (local New York time), around 9:00pm JST. As those of you who joined in the Pro Yakyu Game of the Week chats last year know, MHStevie hosts the "Radio 1/2 Show" on Skidmore College's campus radio station WSPN. When on the air, you can find the stream on Shoutcast here. MHStevie-san plays Japanese pops and anime music, and started giving Pro Yakyu updates with the Game of the Week last year. So we'll talk a little baseball on the show, and try out the idea I had to use Skype as an Internet Radio "call in" service. If all goes well, I hope to post the interview in the audio archives here as well.
Comments
Game Day Packets
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 6, 2005 9:21 AM | YBS Fan ]

Eng-san has provided a pair of game day packets again to help follow the action. They're available here:Thank you again Eng-san for all your hard work. These packets are much appriciated.
Re: Pro Yakyu Live! August 6 Double Header
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 7, 2005 10:19 PM | YBS Fan ]

Well, we had a number of technical problems on this first attempt, but I have a piece of the radio show for you here. The main problem with this right now is that there is a distince echo back of my voice. If you can get past that, I think many of you who focus on Japanese in MLB will enjoy this interview. The interview was about 30 minutes long, but that still wasn't enough time to talk about all that we wanted to. We're planning on doing this again in future "Radio 1/2 Shows."

I know I've mentioned the possiblity of doing a live Internet radio show similar to this here, but I never got any feedback on the idea. Would a call-in (using Skype) type of show be good? Or just have an audio run down of scores and news?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.