Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Lotte's Kiyoshi Hatsushiba to Retire

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Lotte's Kiyoshi Hatsushiba to Retire
Chiba Lotte Marines veteran Kiyoshi Hatsushiba announced his retirement after this season on September 19th. Although he will play out the rest of the season and the playoffs as well, the ceremony for his retirement will take place on the 22nd at Chiba Marine Stadium, the last home game for Lotte. In 1995 he took the RBI title in the Pacific League, and was also selected for the Best Nine. In 2003, he also set an NPB record by getting a hit 7 consecutive times in 7 pinch hit appearances. Through September 19th, his career BA is .265, with 1,523 hits, 232 HRs, and 879 RBIs in 1,726 games played.

[Original Article (1), Original Article (2) from Nikkan Sports, with picture (in Japanese)]
Comments
Re: Lotte's Kiyoshi Hatsushiba to Retire
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Sep 21, 2005 1:35 AM | CLM Fan ]

He's one of my favorite Marine players. I hope he becomes a batting coach somewhere, hopefully for the Marines in the future.
Re: Lotte's Kiyoshi Hatsushiba to Retire
[ Author: Guest: Gary Garland | Posted: Sep 26, 2005 5:12 PM ]

According to press reports, Hatsushiba will be given some kind of position with Lotte, though just where they will slot him in has yet to be specifically determined.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.