Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Hara to Return as Giants Manager

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Hara to Return as Giants Manager
Former Yomiuri Giants' manager Tatsunori Hara will return as manager, team officials said Wednesday. Hara told reporters at a news conference in Tokyo, "I feel a sense of grave responsibility as I love the Giants with a passion.

Takuo Takihana, owner of the Giants (is it really that?), expresses hope that Hara will pull the club out of a critical situation. Takihana said about Hara, "The Giants are facing the most serious crisis since their founding. I agreed with Chairman (Tsuneo) Watanabe that Mr. Hara is the best person who can pull the club out of this crisis."

Hara joined the Giants in 1981, and played with them until 1995. He was a coach from 1996 to 2001. Then became manager in 2002, Hara led the Giants to a Central League Pennant in 2002 and won the Japan Series, but then resigned the next year after disagreements with team management.

Hara denied that he harbors a sense of antagonism toward club executives. He said about the point, "When I think about my love for the Giants, the row was a minor thing. I hold no grudges."

[Full Story - Mainichi Daily News]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.