Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Softbank Interested in Arthur Rhodes

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Softbank Interested in Arthur Rhodes
According to Nikkan Sports, the Softbank Hawks are looking into acquiring Cleveland left handed reliever Arthur Rhodes. According to Softbank's former pitching coach Takao Obana, "The amount of left handed pitchers are limited, so if you can gather left handed pitchers, that will bring you one step closer to becoming the Japan champion." Here are Rhodes' career stats from Baseball Reference.com.

[Original article from Nikkan Sports (in Japanese)]
Comments
Re: Softbank Interested in Arthur Rhodes
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Oct 20, 2005 12:03 PM ]

Rhodes is a great relief pitcher, and was one of Baltimore's best relief pitchers in his time here, and still is a great relief pitcher right now. He, in my opinion, will be great with the Softbank Hawks.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Oct 20, 2005 6:13 PM ]

They would have to pay a boatload of money for him (salary and buyout).
[ Author: PLNara | Posted: Oct 25, 2005 10:23 PM | HT Fan ]

Plus, Rhodes left the Indians toward the end of the year, citing family reasons. I strongly doubt he'd be interested in a move to Japan at this stage in his career.
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Oct 31, 2005 1:29 PM ]

Arthur Rhodes would be a good addition to any bullpen, especially as a lefty.

I know Softbank signed Pedro Feliciano from the Mets last year as a lefty coming out of the bullpen, anyone know his contract status? I believe he signed a 1 year deal last winter, does this make him an unrestricted free agent, or is he still contractually obligated to Softbank? I was a fan of his with the Mets and they still need bullpen help, especially a lefty.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.