Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Konami Cup Day Two

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Konami Cup Day Two
The evening game just finished a short while ago, called after seven innings, Lotte defeating the Sinon Bulls 12-1.

Shimizu threw the entire game, striking out 11 while throwing 110 pitches.

Benny hit two home runs, one to left, one to right.

I hope to write more about this game tomorrow when I have the newspaper for reference.

In the mean time, the first game of the day between the China Stars and Samsun Lions finished with the Lions taking it 8-3. [Box Score - Konami Cup Asia Series - in English]

I must say, I'm disappointed (but not surprized) that Nikkan Sports only puts a full box score in the paper for the Japan game but not the other game (they have an abriviated box score). Korea certainly had a good sized crowd for the first day against Japan, and there are many Taiwanese and Chinese working in and around Tokyo. Still, "Bobby's Children" are the talk of the town.
Comments
Re: Konami Cup Day Two
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Nov 12, 2005 1:15 AM ]

Check out the official Konami Cup Asia Series site [in English] for the boxscores and line scores.
[ Author: Something Lions | Posted: Nov 12, 2005 5:12 AM | SL Fan ]

I'm going to the de facto "semi-final" game between Taiwan's Bulls and Korea's Lions. Looks like it can be a decent game. I'm also hoping to go to the finals, they're not gonna sell out, are they?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 12, 2005 12:02 PM | YBS Fan ]

I'll be there, too. I'm meeting a friend in front of the Hall of Fame entrance at around 5:30 tonight. (I'm leaving in a few minutes, so I won't be able to see if anyone else will try to be there.)

As for tickets to the final, I don't think that it'll be a problem. My friend said that there were still plenty of tickets for the final available after Day One.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Nov 12, 2005 10:09 AM | NIP Fan ]

I really wish these were being broadcast over the net somehow, since the 11 am games are actually at a reasonable 6 pm here on the U.S. West Coast - any leads?

That said, I was extremely amused to find that they were using the "mercy" rule and called the game after 7 innings due to the total beatdown given by the Marines to the Bulls. I suppose the Marines advance to the final match no matter what, facing whoever wins tomorrow's Lions-Bulls game?

Westbay-san, you should broadcast the final game if you're around.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.