Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Godzilla chooses Tellem

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Godzilla chooses Tellem
After being linked with seemlily every U.S. based agent, Godzilla has finally chosen Arn Tellem. Tellem is a very respected agent and has close ties to the Yankees. Tellem works fast, so look for him to sign a contract soon with the Yanks.

Now will little Matsui go with Scott Boras next year? As a Mariner fan, I hope not.
Comments
Re: Godzilla chooses Tellem
[ Author: Guest: asij 81 | Posted: Dec 5, 2002 7:19 PM ]

Tellem also reps Nomar, in addition to Giambi and a few hundred others. Found it interesting that the Red Sox imediately posted on their web site their intention for full persuit of Godzilla right after the agent audition ended. Unusual for the Sox given their history of avoiding big free agents. To date, Manny Ramirez remains the only major free agent signing in franchise history. Maybe the new GM in the Fenway has his heart set on his first big free agent signing while trying to stick it to the Yankees?
[ Author: Guest: Mariner Fan | Posted: Dec 6, 2002 4:25 AM ]

The new GM of Red Sox would be better off signing his own free agent OF in Cliff Floyd. Signing Matsui wouldn't stick it to the Yankees, it would stick to Matsui. He would lose a number of homeruns playing in Fenway. If he was a bust than the Boston media would never let their 28 year old GM hear the end of it. If I were you I would worry why the Red Sox are all of a sudden so publicly interested in Matsui. You do not need left-handed power hitters to win at Fenway. If the Yankees want Matsui than the Yankees get Matsui. Maybe the Red Sox are just driving up the price to make the Yankees pay more than they wanted.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 6, 2002 8:25 AM ]

- You do not need left-handed power hitters to win at Fenway. If the Yankees want Matsui than the Yankees get Matsui.

You may be right, Mariner Fan, but Fenway is a great park for left-handed hitters, Yaz, Williams, heck, if Fred Lynn had stayed in Boston he'd be on his way to the Hall of Fame. I don't believe the BoSox will sign him, but Matsui-san would do very well at Fenway.
[ Author: yakult toughman | Posted: Dec 7, 2002 10:20 AM | YAK Fan ]

Hideki "Godzilla" Matsui's agent, Arn Tellem represented Rex Hudler who played for the 1993 Yakult Swallows. I don't know if Arn Tellem is still Rex Hudler's agent.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.