Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Yakult Interested in Masao Kida

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Yakult Interested in Masao Kida
The Yakult Swallows are intrested in major league pitcher Masao Kida. Kida went 3-6 with 22 SVs and a 4.08 ERA in 53 games this year with AAA Tacoma [Minor League Baseball], and 0-0 with a 4.50 ERA in 1 game with the Mariners this year [Baseball-Reference]. In his major league career he's 1-1 with a save and a 5.83 ERA in 65 career games. He was posted by the Yomiuri Giants in 1998, he went 59-68 with 40 SVs and a 3.88 ERA in 336 games with the Yomiuri Giants (1989-1998), and Orix BlueWave (2000-2001) [Player Profile].

[Full Story - Japan Ball]

[By Editor: Was he really posted by the Giants? Or was he released?]
Comments
Re: Yakult Interested in Masao Kida
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Nov 23, 2005 1:37 PM ]

- Was he really posted by the Giants? Or was he released?

I always thought Kida was posted since he was purchased from the Giants. As it says on his Baseball-Reference profile, Kida was purchased by the Detroit Tigers from the Yomiuri Giants on November 23, 1998. It's interesting to know now, but I always thought he was posted because Detroit purchased him and would have to pay a fee for him wouldn't they?
[ Author: Guest: Gary Garland | Posted: Nov 23, 2005 9:57 PM ]

I could be wrong, but I think Kida going to Detroit predated the posting system.
[ Author: Jen Wei | Posted: Nov 30, 2005 1:37 AM | HNHF Fan ]

I really hope that next season he can be a main setupman in Seattle.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.