Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Horiemon Enters Pro Yakyu

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Horiemon Enters Pro Yakyu
A little over a year ago, the Yomiuri Giants' owner at that time, Watanabe Tsuneo, basically said that LiveDoor's Horie would enter the Pro Yakyu world over his dead body. Since then, Horie failed to get a controlling interest in Nippon Housou (who owns part of the Yokohama BayStars) and the Hiroshima Toyo Carp. But without resorting to murder, Horie has broken into Pro Yakyu with a management contract with Yokohama's Tamura.

Tamura becomes the second professional athlete to join LiveDoor's management services after 21 year old female tennis player Nakamura Aiko. Basically, LiveDoor will take care of setting up a home page and blog for Tamura to communicate with fans, as well as manage his off-field activities, allowing Tamura to "concentrate on baseball" in his words.

Kojima-manager of LiveDoor says that neither Nakamura nor Tamura are finished products, but both have a great deal of potential.

Source: Nikkan Sports, December 6, 2005.

I'm really looking forward to reading about Nabetsune's reaction to this.
Comments
Re: Horiemon Enters Pro Yakyu
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Dec 7, 2005 8:56 PM ]

- I'm really looking forward to reading about Nabetsune's reaction to this.

I second am looking forward to Nabestune's reaction to Horie entering Pro Yakyu, as he stated last year, like you mentioned, that he would enter over his dead body. It should make for an interesting situation. Nevertheless, I feel proud for Horie.
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Dec 8, 2005 2:18 AM | HAN Fan ]

It is hard to tell if Nabestune is dead or alive - quick take a pulse!
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Dec 8, 2005 2:47 PM ]

- It is hard to tell if Nabestune is dead or alive - quick take a pulse!

These days it tough to tell what Nabestune is doing. We can't tell if he's alive or dead. He has criticized Rakuten owner Hiroshi Mikitani, Horie, and everyone in sight this year. Then at other times he doesn't look like he is alive at all. Sometimes he looks like he is avoiding everything by hiding and avoiding face.

Though, it will be interesting to hear his statement on the situation, after he created such a fuss last year about Horie.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.