Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Giants Interested in Marlins' Joe Dillon

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Giants Interested in Marlins' Joe Dillon
According to Sankei Sports (in Japanese), the Giants are interested in acquiring Joe Dillon from the Florida Marlins, and reportedly are expecting to sign him by year's end. The right handed infielder spent most of 2005 at AAA Albuquerque, where he hit .360 with 24 HR's. He will most likely play the first base position, but he can also fill in at second, third, and in the outfield. You can see Joe's official player profile from the Marlins official homepage.
Comments
Re: Giants Interested in Marlins' Joe Dillon
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 10, 2005 4:02 PM ]

He has a history of back problems. I hope they didn't pay him like Gabe Kapler.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 12, 2005 8:04 AM ]

Dillon is a hitting machine. He isn't excellent at any position defensively, but he is a much hitter than Kapler.
[ Author: Guest: TigerTiger | Posted: Dec 14, 2005 7:04 AM ]

Joe will be fine just as long as he can stay healthy. He put up sick numbers in a hitter friendly PCL, but he should be able to put up sick numbers in the hitter friendly Tokyo Dome. My choice for him would be the Pacific League where he can DH. If the Giants use him too much, he will be broken by July. If they use him the right way, he can be a powerhouse for years to come.

TigerTiger
[ Author: Guest: AK | Posted: Feb 2, 2006 11:52 AM ]

Joe Dillon is a hitting machine and will lead the league in home runs. The Marlins never gave him a chance and it's a big loss for them. He can play multiple positions and will be the star of the league. Great signing - I am going to run and buy season tickets!
Re: Giants Interested in Marlins
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Feb 2, 2006 6:08 PM | CLM Fan ]

As much as I don't like the Giants for taking Makoto Kosaka, I'd love to see Dillion become the kind of player Bobby Rose was. I think great foreign players only strengthen NPB, and it's been pretty slim pickings lately.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.