Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Oh tells Matsui to Stay

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Oh tells Matsui to Stay
Sadaharu Oh, while in the Dominican Republic, said that it is better for Hideki Matsui to stay in Japan and not move to the United States.

I wrote the story for Associated Press (in Spanish).

[Admin: Do you have a link to the article? I couldn't find it at ESPNDeportes.com.]
Comments
Re: Oh tells Matsui to Stay
[ Author: Guest: Enrique Rojas | Posted: Dec 17, 2002 5:05 AM ]

You can find this story in Yahoo (Spanish). Maybe on another site, like a newspaper, etc.

In my last column in ESPNdeportes.com (about possible Pete Rose return) I talked about Sadaharu Oh's visit.
[ Author: Guest: Mariner Fan | Posted: Dec 17, 2002 4:43 PM ]

It appears Oh-san is a little late since Godzilla will probably be signing a MLB contract any day now.
[ Author: HaruSaru | Posted: Dec 17, 2002 7:59 PM | HC Fan ]

I think it's great that Matsui is leaving the Kyojin. As long as he doesn't play for the Giants, I'm happy! But I rather hope that Nakamura stays, because although I'm not a Hanshin fan, it would be really interesting to see how Hanshin will do it next year with Kanemoto, Hiyama, and hopefully Nakamura. It could be a great year for the Tigers.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.